Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the 1.5 inch and the 1.25 inch wheel spacers for my stock 14 JKU with 18" wheels and BFG Dueler tires.

I Don't want my tires sticking out past the flares, but want the maximum effect. Will 1.5" push them out past the flares?

Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
1.5" will push them out very slightly past the flares.
1.25" will require you to grind down the lugs. go with 1.5"

·
Registered
429 Posts
1.5 is perfect

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not the best pics, but you can somewhat see what the 1.5" looks like on mine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes lifted 3.5" with 315/70 Duratracs.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
1.5" will push them out very slightly past the flares.
1.25" will require you to grind down the lugs. go with 1.5"
This is a false statement. At least with respect to OEM wheels, which I believe likely applies since very few people run aftermarket wheels AND spacers; I know of one. OEM wheels are not impacted by the stud extending beyond the spacer; there is a cavity there. By all means check to ensure your wheels do in fact sit flush if you are using 1.25" spacers, but I suspect you will be fine with OEM wheels.

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is a false statement. At least with respect to OEM wheels, which I believe likely applies since very few people run aftermarket wheels AND spacers; I know of one. OEM wheels are not impacted by the stud extending beyond the spacer; there is a cavity there. By all means check to ensure your wheels do in fact sit flush if you are using 1.25" spacers, but I suspect you will be fine with OEM wheels.
X2,this is correct.I have 1.25 inch spacers with my stock wheels.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Reading this makes me believe that spacers are a must while sticking with stock wheels? Would that be a correct assumption?
no this is not correct...it depends on the width of your tires. 255/80-17 do not require spacers.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
12.5" wide tires will most likely need spacers.

Reactions: NotAYotaAnymore

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am running 285/75-17 Ridge Grapplers on stock rubicon wheels, NO spacers, but have a 2" lift. Only rub a little under full compression at full lock turn. I have a set of 1.25" spacers, but just never put them on. This is on a 2015 Rubicon JK HR.

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
298 Posts
We have 1” wheel adapters on both our JKUs with OEM wheels and love the look. Here’s a shot of mine. Improved stability greatly!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts