Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about using wheel spacers on my factory wheels, till I get more cash put together for the right wheels. I will be running a 295/70-17 tire on the factory 2010 wheels. I know some will think this is a cheap out, but for now, I thought it will work. What brand is good? I know about Spidertrax, but see many others on Ebay for a complete set for half price? Thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a set I got off eBay on mine and have had no problems. I used a little lock tight and I retorque them when I rotate the tires. No hard core wheelin but not babied either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am about the same way. Mostly for looks and an occasional trail ride. Mostly to go back to my tree stand orfly fishing. Thank you for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Spidertrax or BORA are the only two I would use. I would be more concerned with on road failures then off road failures. Speed kills

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,231 Posts
I don't recommend, cutting any corners here, because you are dealing with a safety issue here. I have never ran spacers, but those that have, seem high on the Spidertrax.

If this is your decision, (even if temporary), then make sure that you us the supplied Loc-tight, and torque them, per their recommendation.

So example: If the recommended torque is 90 lbs, Then use the full 90 on the first torque with the Loc-tight! Then on the re-torques go with 80 lbs, so that you don't disturb the Loc-tight.........:thumb:

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
The ones on eBay (same as Rough Country) that are half the price and look like raw aluminum have way less measurable tensile strength then the Spidertrax. I wouldn't run anything but Spidertrax

-Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts