Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
went to AC Moore and bought a wooden ball for 1.50. drilled a hole. took old sticky nasty rubber knob and cut till i got metal insert out. mixed some JB weld and poured into hole then inserted metal insert. let dry. then got spray bomb clearcoat and sprayed ball about 20-30 times(didnt count). installed and looks killer compared to that synthetic stock pos that cam with vehicle.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's generally the best way to do anything anyway.
I was going to just tap the ball for threads but figured they would just pull too easy.hell for 1.50 who cares but i decided i could do it right. im happy with it and with the tan top and interior and green paint the more organic look just fits better. real easy, real cheap, and looks good. Im thinking i shoulda burnt in shift pattern with a pencil iron before clearcoat...next time.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Wow! Nice knob!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very cool .... guess i need to go to AC Moore now and get me some balls.. :D

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
OMG! There's way too much wood and balls in this thread..... :rofl:

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
I will make another one for transfercase, maybe a little stain though.
that is really awesome dooder, it came out great. i have a rock knob for the shifter on my cj, but the t-case knob is stock. i am totally stealing your idea for the t-case. :punk:

·
Registered
422 Posts
nice nearly 'free mod'

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im really surprised if no one else thought of this and the blazer/bravada rear view mirror:confused: good fun mods that are functional.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I love this idea..I was thinking of doing something of the sort, but didn't know what. Wood looks good...but mine is all black. maybe a nice red mahogany or dark walnut stain would look good in mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts