Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the 1” teraflex coil spacers with the 3.5” game changer 6 pak shocks. That will give at least 4.5” of height. (I will be changing both driveshafts)

Will this give additional advantage in belly clearance and more use of the 6 pak shocks OR are there any disadvantages ?

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
You will get that much without the spacers. I got over 4 with the 3.5 metalcloak. Do the kit and see where it's sitting before you spend the money on the spacers. You probably won't want or need them when you see how much lift you actually get.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will get that much without the spacers. I got over 4 with the 3.5 metalcloak. Do the kit and see where it's sitting before you spend the money on the spacers. You probably won't want or need them when you see how much lift you actually get.
Thanks,

Was thinking the same. Do you have aftermarket bumper, winch etc ......my jeep is pretty loaded......AEV front and back bumper with tire carrier, warn 10 winch and full rock hard skids.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
No i am actually pretty light. Added armor underneath but stick bumpers. My neighbor is loaded down with the 3.5 and he still has a ton of clearance.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My jeep is loaded with steel bumpers, a winch, rock sliders and I still got over 4 inches with 3.5 metalcloak lift.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My jeep is loaded with steel bumpers, a winch, rock sliders and I still got over 4 inches with 3.5 metalcloak lift.
Thanks, I will wait and see what I get and then decide if I want t spacers or not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually you get enough lift to run 37s with 3.5" MetalCloak, will need flat fender flares though.
Right now I am running 33" tires, when they wear out I am only going to go to 35s. Don't plan to re gear. So I will half to find A way to get belly clearance by lift.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in the same boat. About to pull trigger on a lift but only around $500 to spend. I am not considering the RC tho. This I my game plan:
RE coil kit

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_6010_07.ht.

That's $380
I already picked up shock extensions of craigslist for a few bucks -$15

Rancho control arm brackets for about $100

I will pick up shocks and front track bar next go around. (Ranchos)
So this is around the $500 price range and while not "complete" it should be quality and easily upgradable as money and parts come in. Figure you can add spacers if not enough lift for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok so. Not sure how this these posts ended up on this thread lol. So strange. Disregard as both posts were intended for a completely different thread.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yw. I forgot to mention I have 1.5" wheel spacers, without them the wheels n tires were too inside for my liking.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yw. I forgot to mention I have 1.5" wheel spacers, without them the wheels n tires were too inside for my liking.
Does that help you with the flex, by tires not touching, or is it just a preference.

I have 4.5 backspacing on my wheels

·
Registered
818 Posts
Does that help you with the flex, by tires not touching, or is it just a preference.

I have 4.5 backspacing on my wheels
Personal preference. my wheels (16x8) have 4 inches backspacing, the same wheels in 17x9 have 4.5 or 4.7 bs. I guess an 8-inch-wide wheel makes the tire look not as wide as the 9-inch-wide. I actually rub the flares at full flex because my tires stick out too far and touch the edge of the flares at full flex. I don't wanna cut the flares (personal preference, don't like the look), so I'm gonna get flat fenders eventually, probably MC overland.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personal preference. my wheels (16x8) have 4 inches backspacing, the same wheels in 17x9 have 4.5 or 4.7 bs. I guess an 8-inch-wide wheel makes the tire look not as wide as the 9-inch-wide. I actually rub the flares at full flex because my tires stick out too far and touch the edge of the flares at full flex. I don't wanna cut the flares (personal preference, don't like the look), so I'm gonna get flat fenders eventually, probably MC overland.
Did you choose to go for overland fenders because the snorkel will not fit the overline fenders ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts