Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to lift my 94 YJ just a bit. More for appearance and so I can get a little larger tires. Can I please get some ideas for the easiest way to do this? My husband is a welder and says he can make bigger shackles but does that require adjusting anything else? New body mounts are another option. Any input is appreciated. I only want an inch or so lift.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Saw a thread recently so lat 2012 that had drawings of shackles in it. If you are going to fab some which isn't to difficult do some boomerangs with a 1" lift. You can cruise all the web sites that sell to include ebay either buy or get some ideas. Greasable bolts are a plus and you have to have the center brace between the mount bolts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
body lift would be a good idea. shackles well work too, but they change guideline driveline angles a little.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The body mounts on now are worn and cracked. I am just wanting to achieve my lift in the easiest way possible to keep from having to adjust the radiator etc. I'm hoping there is a little room for play when adding a small lift.

·
Registered
201 Posts
if it was me i would just go with boomerang shackles or maybe Google bastard pack. that is a simple cheap option that in most cases ride better then a add a leaf s10 leafs seam to be the popular route to go when making a bastard pack.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If your body bushings are worn and cracked already, you might as well get a 1' or 1.25" body lift and fix both problems in one shot. They run anywhere from $80 to $130.

The easiest way will be the shackle lift, but you will need 2" longer shackles to equal 1" on lift. And it will slightly effect the handling of the Jeep. Generally, $30 per set, each set does one axle.

You can do an Add-a-leaf lift too. More expensive than an body lift, you have to buy one kit for each axle. About $80 per axle.

A "Bastard pack" is a homemade Add-a-leaf lift. Generally people use S-10 rear springs and cut the main leaf and insert it into the YJ leaf pack. I used the 2nd leaves from some Cherokee rear springs I had laying around and got a 2" lift with those. Price depends on where you get your leaves from. Mine were free from scrapped vehicles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Riff Raff said:
If your body bushings are worn and cracked already, you might as well get a 1' or 1.25" body lift and fix both problems in one shot. They run anywhere from $80 to $130.

The easiest way will be the shackle lift, but you will need 2" longer shackles to equal 1" on lift. And it will slightly effect the handling of the Jeep. Generally, $30 per set, each set does one axle.

You can do an Add-a-leaf lift too. More expensive than an body lift, you have to buy one kit for each axle. About $80 per axle.

A "Bastard pack" is a homemade Add-a-leaf lift. Generally people use S-10 rear springs and cut the main leaf and insert it into the YJ leaf pack. I used the 2nd leaves from some Cherokee rear springs I had laying around and got a 2" lift with those. Price depends on where you get your leaves from. Mine were free from scrapped vehicles.
Rough country actually makes new body bushings with a 1" lift so it is one solid piece and not just spacers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.