Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at 4" lift kits for my YJ. Is there a substancial difference in say....rubicon lift versus rough country? I know the price is higher.....Just curious if in the long run I will be better off spending the extra for the rubicon? Actually the rubicon is 4.5" with about $700 price difference. If the rubicon is gonna make my ride better....I would go for it. Thx again for any info on this matter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe try for an answer over at the YJ forum?

Here's the "lift review" thread from the YJ fo: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/yj-lift-reviews-25156.html
Thx for the reply, I was thinking alot of guys ran lifts of all kinds on all kinds of jeeps. Thats why I came here.. Oh well....NP at all.....I shoulda stayed on the YJ forum I reckon.....Tooooooo Late though LOL I just purchased the 4.5" rubicon extreme for $850 +$100 Shipping from ebay. I believe it will be a better lift......They say ..."you get what you pay for" Thats what i was thinking on these lifts...... Now on to a soft top....and I will be ready to go to work dressing my YJ up some...Thx again man. Appreciate ya.:wavey:

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a difference based on brand (from what I have read on the forum) but it all comes down to what your willing to spend, I would rather spend a few extra bucks to get the better quality then pay for it later, I'm also looking into the 4.5" extreme duty rubicon express kit cause it has everything i need (old owner didn't manage the jeep well so need to replace a few extra things). Let me know if this helps you out, and the guy was right, the yj lift reviews help me too on making a decision.

·
Registered
39 Posts
800 bucks on eBay! What!!! I'm going to have to find that one, do you have a sellers name haha, I lookin at 1129 from 4wheelparts.com...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
800 bucks on eBay! What!!! I'm going to have to find that one, do you have a sellers name haha, I lookin at 1129 from 4wheelparts.com...
It was one a guy crashed his jeep and had it new in the box...never got to put it on......I paid $840 + $100 Shipping. PM AOR here on the forum.....He will beat that $1129......I was gonna buy one from him if I hadn't won this one.....Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts