Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a 4" suspension lift on my 87 yj with 33's and i was thinking about adding a 1" shackle lift. What do you guys think about it?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thats the biggest shackle lift you should ever go. Anymore then that and I would consider it to do more harm then good. A set of boomerang shackles in the back would help give you more flex up front just a regular set of 1 inch lift shackles will do. You can opt to get greasable ones as well which will eliminate some squeeking from the suspension.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
A lot of people do it. I have thought about it myself. Currently I do not need a SYE to keep my Jeep from getting vibes, but the extra inch may require one. If you do decide to go with the 1" shackle lift, I would suggest the boomerang shackles. From what I have read, they give great articulation without so much worry about shackle flip.

Jeff

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can yu give me the website where they sell the boomerangs? i was only able to find a set that gave the jeep 1/4" lift

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I'm not a fan of shackle lifts. I would do a 1" body lift or see if trimming the flares will solve your problem.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i got a pair of greasable boomerang shackles from ebay.. i like it for the greasability factor of it. the angle of the boomerang isnt as sharp as i've seen, but they look good i think. add i think 3/4" or something... i'll see if i can find them

·
Registered
214 Posts
remember shackles are only worth half of the extra length value in lift-2 inch longer shackle =1 inch of lift

1 - 14 of 14 Posts