Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so. My girlfriend has a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. It's a Sahara Edition and lately during anytime of the day while the car is off and we're in our apartment, the car makes a 10 beep sound. The beep is the same beep the car makes when we lock and unlock the car. It's starting to become a problem given some neighbors have already complained that it's woken them up a lot at night. Anybody know what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
62,792 Posts
I would assume it's the aftermarket alarm(or whatever it is that beeps when you unlock/lock the Jeep). Check the grounds or blown fuses. That's where I'd start unless you just yank the whole system out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a 2002 Wrangler since it was new -- never heard of this before. I also have a 1997 Ford Expedition and have countless (COUNTLESS) problems with the antitheft system on the Ford. Not sure if the Wrangler had antitheft systems or not, but I think it was mandated on all vehicles then. Disconnect the negative connection at the battery for a while, and reset it. That will clear the PCM (the vehicle's computer) and will, I believe, likely fix the problem. Just like resetting your smart phone or laptop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts