Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am looking to purchase a new front bumper. I need one that will allow my superwinch lp8500 to be mounted as well as a winch guard on it. My question is all of the ones i have seen what the hell do you do with the factory fog lights? Most of the bumpers don't seem to have a spot for them... Is this something that should be replaced when i purchase the bumper or what....

Any opinions or suggestions on bumpers and my above question would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the Mid-Width ones such as here.

2007-2010 Jeep Jk Signature Series Mid-Width :: Front Bumpers :: 2007-2010 Jeep JK Products :: Jeep :: LoD Offroad

This is the only one i have found that has a spot for the fog lights.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
Rugged Ridge XHD. Put it together the way you want.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ludicrous said:
So i am looking to purchase a new front bumper. I need one that will allow my superwinch lp8500 to be mounted as well as a winch guard on it. My question is all of the ones i have seen what the hell do you do with the factory fog lights? Most of the bumpers don't seem to have a spot for them... Is this something that should be replaced when i purchase the bumper or what....

Any opinions or suggestions on bumpers and my above question would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the Mid-Width ones such as here.

2007-2010 Jeep Jk Signature Series Mid-Width :: Front Bumpers :: 2007-2010 Jeep JK Products :: Jeep :: LoD Offroad

This is the only one i have found that has a spot for the fog lights.
That is a sweet looking bumper. That may have just moved to the top of my list. :)

I was looking at the LoD stubby with the stinger at first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've just purchased the Rugged Ridge XHD as well with the center hoop. I think I'm going to get the endcaps with lockable storage just like seadog has eventually.

How do you like those Seadog?

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
How do you like those Seadog?
I haven't put any thing in them, yet. But they are big enough to hold tow/recovery straps. shackles. etc. I wouldn't put anything of value in them. Keeps them out of the cab.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Thats what i like about the Rugged Ridge XHD bumper. You can buy the center section and add what you like. Tubes or end caps, hoops or stingers or you can just leave it stubby. And the factory fogs fit right in with no mods

Same bumper as Seadog yet they look totally different because of the add-ons

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Poison Spyder Customs makes some nice looking bumpers that let you use the factory fog lights. This one is a Brawler Lite, that you can get with or without the hoop. The fog lights attach using the OEM hardware, and there are even holes in the back top of the bumper for the OEM plastic push pins that hold the wiring harness in place.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
there are even holes in the back top of the bumper for the OEM plastic push pins that hold the wiring harness in place.
That is my only complaint about the Ruggid Ridge. Plenty of space to put them, just no place to anchor them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks!! This will be my next mod, along with winch of course. BTW , can winch be mounted after bumper has been installed or must you mount winch to bumper first ?

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out where the 10' (foot) bumper is. Oh well, I like the RR set up that seadog has looks sharp.
BTW seadog, it looks like you have a stock suspension, is the RR bumper heavier and if so did you notice much sag?

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out where the 10' (foot) bumper is. Oh well, I like the RR set up that seadog has looks sharp.
BTW seadog, it looks like you have a stock suspension, is the RR bumper heavier and if so did you notice much sag?
Total weight on front, including skid, is 155lbs. There is a 3/4" drop from stock bumper height. Needless to say, I won't be adding anything else, until I upgrade suspension.

·
UConn Husky
546 Posts
Thanks!! This will be my next mod, along with winch of course. BTW , can winch be mounted after bumper has been installed or must you mount winch to bumper first ?

My M8000 went in easily with the bumper on. took an hour start to finish.

One of the guys around here installed a Warn power plant and had to take the bumper off.

A normal winch should be bo no problem

·
Registered
144 Posts
My M8000 went in easily with the bumper on. took an hour start to finish.

One of the guys around here installed a Warn power plant and had to take the bumper off.

A normal winch should be bo no problem
Great!! Thanks for the info!!.........good choice on winch too!

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
thanks dog!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's great to see the winch has no problems going into the rugged ridge bumper, but did anyone have to install a dual battery set-up?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts