Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just paid $675, no tax & free ship on the 8 circuit sPod SE w/ touchscreen. It's not from a supporting vendor here. Can I post who and the online discount code?

I'm not affiliated, it was just the best deal I could find. If a supporting vendor has same or lower, by all means let's use them.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I recently recall reading on this forum 1 member was having an issue with his 8 switch touch screen, something like the sensitivity or placement of switches was off. Just putting that out there. I have the sPod 6 switch toggle and love it. They also make an 8 switch toggle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that too and recall someone suggesting calibration. In the manual, it mentions a hole in the back of the screen, put a pin in there and you can recalibrate. Out of the box the screen/buttons/responsiveness has been great, save for a manufacturing issue on the screen (loose)...sPod and vendor were responsive...sPod is switching it out via mail. Now I'm out the screen for however long it takes to "fix or replace"..their words.

While on the topic, there's a thread where someone said they used this double socket RAM mount, which was too short on my '14 JKUR. The screen had no room to swivel/adjust, and was hanging over the top of my rearview mirror covering about 1"...couldn't move up (hits roof plastic strip above windshield) and can't move side-to-side. I ordered a longer RAM mount to replace.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I wish you had a code for 20% off plus! 10% just doesn't get my wallet open.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me, I wish I did too. There's a manufacturing defect with my touchscreen and it seems sPod drop ships, so even the company I bought through cant send a replacement. I'll be waiting a while between mail in + they fix + they mail back.

For a defect out of the box, I'm disappointed it wasn't swapped immediately. I even offered to pay out of pocket for just the new screen and the company I bought through said that wouldn't speed up the replacement.

While the company I bought through has been great, I don't plan to buy an sPod product again.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Trust me, I wish I did too. There's a manufacturing defect with my touchscreen and it seems sPod drop ships, so even the company I bought through cant send a replacement. I'll be waiting a while between mail in + they fix + they mail back.

For a defect out of the box, I'm disappointed it wasn't swapped immediately. I even offered to pay out of pocket for just the new screen and the company I bought through said that wouldn't speed up the replacement.

While the company I bought through has been great, I don't plan to buy an sPod product again.
Hmmmm well that's good to know. I wish there was a legit cheaper alternative I could trust. I don't want a mess under the hood. I was detered earlier today after reading about the founder of sPod and what he used to do on other forums.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,641 Posts
You believe anything from that group? They have problems with any vendor that doesn't gives stuff to their best buds group....Take anything from them with a grain of salt............

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going purely off the data including email addresses, IP addresses, post times. All that gets cache'd by Google, Bing and WayBackMachine.

I can run a traceroute on any IP and find not only where it is, but every node it touches between the origin and the destination. A Whois search of the ICANN database tells me an immense amount of ownership and update frequency of any Website - including forums and who's behind the sPod site.

I don't know anyone involved and don't have a dog in this fight. But speaking as someone with a little background, all of the facts wayalife provided can easily be verified. That sPod didn't attempt to discredit yhose facts tells me they know its irrefutable.

Read that thread. If you have a background in IT, sysadmin, HTML, Php, SQL, DNS servers, ICANN naming/records rules, location spoofing, OS spoofing, email phishing...there are really only a few clear, highly coincidental ways this could play out and sPod would be innocent. That didn't happen. Not a single person articulated a point even close to what an information security person would deem as "ok, this sPod guy is getting unfairly framed." And to be clear, it would involve multiple people with agendas against sPod hacking into a secure network and personal email address and then posing as them for over a year and then getting the owner of sPod to later admit the account was his all along....which defies reason for either explanation.

Generally when I ask a question, I know a good part of the answer. I'm listening to the reply to decide how credible the other person is. Get the first part right and I'll trust you on the 2nd part. In this case, that guy on wayalife who used to own/run the other forum is highly credible (as pertains to his explanation in this case), while the follow ups from sPod have been...ahhh...lacking in depth, quality and credibility.

Honestly and integrity goes a long way. So does an apology, which never happened. Just admitting "I did x and owned y and z accounts and this is why I did it and ____ was my goal and I'm sorry I broke rules a, b, c because I didn't know about ____." That would go a long way. I never saw that complete apology.

Just, this whole thing is fishy. And since I don't like to play detective, I'll just take my $ elsewhere in the future. I got a good price and gladly pass on the discount because the product seems good. But sPod's already lied to me in the 48hrsnsince I had the unit, and that's already a red flag.

With so much misinformation, I don't know how anyone can stand up for or against this company without
A) personal experience
B) concrete reasons

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I wouldn't listen to a whole lot you read on gayoflife Eddie's a tool.

I got a knock off version of one coming , should be to me on Monday or Tuesday to test out. Here is a picture of what it looks like

These will definitely be cheaper than a SPOD.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I wouldn't listen to a whole lot you read on gayoflife Eddie's a tool.

I got a knock off version of one coming , should be to me on Monday or Tuesday to test out. Here is a picture of what it looks like

These will definitely be cheaper than a SPOD.
Can you tell us pricing or no? Need a report back ASAP!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
John and Cindy of SPOD have gone out of their way several times for me and friends to support their products on issues and upgrades. I know many folks with SPOD's they love em it works as advertised if anyone with issues call SPOD directly they will address any concerns, I know that for a fact. They are great folks supporting our hobby and go to many events, donate and give back. This is first hand experience, the Internet is full of bs believe what you want.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,641 Posts
Spod is a great, albeit a costly item that works right, made in the USA. As some people find important. If someone was trying to boost sales I could care less, and I really don't like the games people play in cyberspace. I want the stuff I buy to work the first time and keep working in the future...You should check out how many times they have sued people for using the term , "way of life". I get ticked off about people claiming they own words......

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I'll have the other option today. It's showing out for delivery. Once I get it I will post up a unboxing video review on it and give my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'll have the other option today. It's showing out for delivery. Once I get it I will post up a unboxing video review on it and give my thoughts on it.
Looking forward to it!

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Found it!
Thats not the brand I'm getting and mine will be cheaper than that. I wouldn't buy anything sunpie sells personally, I've had to many bad experiences from that company.

DHL is backing in as I type this. I'll take some on hand pictures first and then later on have a video review on it

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thats not the brand I'm getting and mine will be cheaper than that. I wouldn't buy anything sunpie sells personally, I've had to many bad experiences from that company.

The logo looks the same as the one in your photo.
I'm not buying one I was just interested in the different brand.
I've never heard of sunpie lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts