Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from what's listed in the maintence schedule, is there anything specific I should do for my JKU now that it's past 100K? How about the timing chain and serpentine belt? PCV valve?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
From my experience, the mileage in owners manual as to when certain maintenance in required to be done, is there for a reason. On my 93 Ford Ranger, I was 5,000 miles past the recommended mileage for replacing the timing belt (rubber belt, not a chain) when it broke on me. After that, I ALWAYS subtract 20% from the recommended mileage to do the required maintenance EARLY!!! Keeps me out of trouble.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Aside from what's listed in the maintence schedule, is there anything specific I should do for my JKU now that it's past 100K? How about the timing chain and serpentine belt? PCV valve?
As long as you dont hear any excessive noise or getting P0016 i wouldn't touch timing chain.
Spark plugs+PCV - yes
Serpentine+ idler pulleys - yes

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you are (like me) a believer in prematurely replacing the type of parts that if fail, can take out the whole engine, then I would also recommend changing some parts of your cooling system.

At minimum:
- radiator cap
- thermostat incl. housing and it's plastic coolant crossover cover part below it.

Further:
- coolant to oil cooler assembly
- radiator upgrade to larger capacity
- if you decide to upgrade your radiator, then cooling system flush.
- i may even consider the water pump

·
Registered
926 Posts
At 100K I changed the sparkplugs right before it hit 100k
Serpentine belt
Diff fluids, man trans fluid
Thermostat (was getting suck)

I'm at 106k here is what I have planned for it in the next couple of months
All seals, all ujoints, balljoints and a new shaft both front and rear, and finally replace coolant complete flush.

Atleast get the sparkplugs changed and the serpentine belt I would also do the thermostat as there is a possibility it might go out on you at any time.

Some things you can do also small things that go a long way..

grease all zerk fittings, check all bolts especially the ones that deal with the front suspension(check for looseness).

bleed the brake fluid, check the power steering flud, replace air filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts