Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Oh goodness....THIS IS JUST BAD INFO THAT GOES AROUND AND COMES UP AGAIN AND AGAIN. No, No No..........

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
It just proves the internet does not reject words.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Acetone was a passing fad, it was proven to not help in the least. Not to mention it was capable of attacking some rubber components in fuel systems. If acetone could really do what some have claimed, you can bet Obama and his enviro-whacko EPA types would have mandated its addition to all gasoline.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm going to let you slide this time Jerry. Next time it's going to be a battle for sure haha

Anyways, no the only additive I'd ever put in my tank is Seafoam, and that's not for more mpgs.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What about Lucas injector cleaner? anyone?
I had this problem with rough idle at startup for about 6-10 seconds. Did all the tricks to fix it. Cleaned throttle body/sensors, tried the Seafoam tricks, checked connections, eveything I could think of and find online. Nothing.
Was thinking that I may have to pull the dam fuel pump when I came accross a thread on Lucas fuel injector cleaner and upper cylinder lubricant. Figured what the hell. Put a bottle in with a full tank of gas and the rough startup idle was fixed. This was about 6ish tanks of gas ago and everything now purrrs like a kitten.
I'll def be putting Lucus in my tank every oil change now.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I had this problem with rough idle at startup for about 6-10 seconds. Did all the tricks to fix it. Cleaned throttle body/sensors, tried the Seafoam tricks, checked connections, eveything I could think of and find online. Nothing.
Was thinking that I may have to pull the dam fuel pump when I came accross a thread on Lucas fuel injector cleaner and upper cylinder lubricant. Figured what the hell. Put a bottle in with a full tank of gas and the rough startup idle was fixed. This was about 6ish tanks of gas ago and everything now purrrs like a kitten.
I'll def be putting Lucus in my tank every oil change now.
You secretly work for Lucas don't you? LOL.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Although I haven't used it myself, my brother just put Seafoam into his 93 Suburban and he said it runs a lot smoother now. My neighbor swears by it too. Just food for thought!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use seafoam but usually suck it into a vacuum line. Lucas fuel treatment works great. I used to get it for free at work. I have a 3 cyl Metro for fuel mileage and run 2 oz of acetone in every tank. It cleans your fuel system really good but I don't notice any increase in mileage or smoothness. To each his own!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Shhhh - don't say it too loud - if one of the major oil companies found out that adding acetone will give better mileage, they'll do it and get the jump on the competition. They'd get all the business.

Or do you think they may have already tried it?

When you add Acetone to the fuel you need to also add prune juice to that tank too - it prevents the cat converter from becoming constipated.

The proponents of Acetone if the fuel should also drink lots of it - as they are full of ---.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts