Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 10a bumper off cl.
Really looking forward to installing it.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
500 - seamed reasonable to me. Now I have to get the fog light brackets for my JW Speakers

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
Front is $1,100-$1,200 new. Dealer cost is probably 80% of that.

I really like them and looked at getting these, but it is $2,000 front and rear, plus another $500 for the winch mount. I can't justify $2,500 for two bumpers. It is not whether I can/can't afford them; no set of bumpers is worth $2,500 to me.

I am going with the Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers instead...front and rear are $1,300; shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is now installed- over all inpressions - I love the look. I can feel the weight difference. I kind of wish it didn't say rubicon. Overall I am very happy.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking winch as a long term solution.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So funny. I just bought a front 10/A bumper off of CL on Friday for $500. My Rubicon is in transit to the dealer. Can't wait to put it on.

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a direct bolt on.
The only issue is the fog lights are different.
So if you pick one up with the lights in it, it will be a non issue.
If you run aftermarket fogs, there are two companies that I am aware of that sell fog light adapter kits

·
Registered
82 Posts
How much heavier is the 10a bumper?

Is there an aftermarket aluminum replica?

I saw a picture with different bumper ends/tips- anybody see that?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love that bumper. If I could find one at a reasonable price Id have one but finding that is quite difficult.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i love that bumper. If i could find one at a reasonable price id have one but finding that is quite difficult.
agreed!

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you afraid everyone will think you have a Rubicon?

My point was it can be be removed, not that you have to put a winch in right now, if it really bothers you.
Not to start any wars on here, but I don't care for Jeeps that are non rubicons stickered up to look like rubicons.

There are a couple of rubicon clones on cl right now

1 - 20 of 27 Posts