Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Pic from the top please, showing how it mounts. Instruction on site puts it way back into grill but I know that is standard bumper. You have the same Hardrock I do.
You have to drill a single hole for each side. Single bolt up from the bottom for each side. I found that a large washer on the underside really stiffened up the mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a RealWheels hoop. I really like the size and appearance of it. Although not designed specifically for the Hard Rock it is a simple install. It is made of stainless steel so it will never rust and has mounting tabs to for lights.

2.5″ Pre-Runner Bar | Jeep Wrangler JK Accessories
Hey @skitime -- where did you get those D-ring adapters for your 10A front bumper in place of the hooks? I've been looking for something like that and haven't had any luck. Got any pictures?

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
Hey @skitime -- where did you get those D-ring adapters for your 10A front bumper in place of the hooks? I've been looking for something like that and haven't had any luck. Got any pictures?
those are maximus3 i believe.

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I guess i thought that is what you were talking about. I think he just has the D rings looped on factory hooks could be wrong tho.
ala this.
Yeah probably so, looking at it more closely. Might do the Maximus3 anyway, probably more useful down there. About to pull the bumper and finally put that winch on (now that it's nice and blazing hot outside...) ... figured I should do everything bumper related in one big shot.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hmm, not feeling great about it, if those four tiny bolts are the only things securing those plates to the frame or wherever it mounts.

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
Hmm, not feeling great about it, if those four tiny bolts are the only things securing those plates to the frame or wherever it mounts.

View attachment 4434257
I guess they figure if your winch will stay on with a 10000lb pull these should too as they use the same the same retaining nuts that secures your winch to the plate but they never gave me the warm fuzzies but I have not heard of failures but that does not mean anything.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I guess they figure if your winch will stay on with a 10000lb pull these should too as they use the same the same retaining nuts that secures your winch to the plate but they never gave me the warm fuzzies but I have not heard of failures but that does not mean anything.
Ugh I haven't even opened my winch plate box (also sitting in the garage since February). Not liking that news at all though. Hmm.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sorry I was away for a couple days.

There is no adapter. The D rings cannot come out with the hoop in place unless you remove the theaded bolt.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts