Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to pickup a newly purchased 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon mid-July 2021. This Jeep has led a pampered life; no winter driving and stored indoors. It has 15k miles on it! And there is almost zero rust underneath; even on the exhaust bolts where you add a spacer!

To me this is the quintessential 10A: Anvil, 2 door, Red seats.

It comes with Dual tops and the 720N stereo, about the only option it does not have is the auto temperature controls and the side airbags.

It is a good platform for my next build.

Here is a quick shot of how it looks now...

Stay tuned as I begin adding to this thread.

My first projects are swapping the re-geared axles from my unlimited 10A, and a few of the other items that I will not part with when I sell the unlimited:
  • Warn 9.5 cti-s
  • B&M Shifters
  • CMM Grab handles
  • TeraFlex Tire carrier
  • diy hmmwv tail lights
  • exhaust loop skid plate
  • AEV Salta wheels w/Kenda 35x10.50R17 tires

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll be following this. I bought a 2 door Anvil 10A just 3 months ago, although mine had 45k miles. I've added the TF tire carrier, all 8 adjustable control arms (Clayton), adjustable track bars front/rear (Clayton), Yeti tie rod and drag link. I'll post some updated pics of mine later today, it's riding on 35 MT/Rs with bushwhacker flat fenders.

Looking forward to seeing your build and hopefully I'll get some ideas I can copy.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be following this. I bought a 2 door Anvil 10A just 3 months ago, although mine had 45k miles. I've added the TF tire carrier, all 8 adjustable control arms (Clayton), adjustable track bars front/rear (Clayton), Yeti tie rod and drag link. I'll post some updated pics of mine later today, it's riding on 35 MT/Rs with bushwhacker flat fenders.

Looking forward to seeing your build and hopefully I'll get some ideas I can copy.
Your Jeep build sounds pretty solid. What lift did you go with or is it LCG?

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I continue waffling back and forth between LCG and 2.5” lift

I believe nemesis look the best for flat fender flares, but I’m not a big flat fender flare fan. That, and the cost is nearly as much as a quality 2.5” lift. Mopar high tops are half the price of nemesis and keep a factory-ish look, while still allowing 35s. I tried a used set briefly on my lifted unlimited, but it made the 35s look small so I removed them.

I’m giving more thought to an LCG setup this time. If I don’t like it, I can always install a lift. The mopar flares are reversible , but the nemesis ones are not per se. A fair amount of drilling with nemesis.

I am happy with my Teraflex ST2 lift on the unlimited, but wonder if I need that much lift for a 2 door. I can add more skids with the money I don’t spend if I install mopar flares.

I will keep reading on LCG setups to learn as much as I can.

There are a lot of threads on the subject so I have a vast source of information.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I've decided to try and sell my Black 10A 'as is' first to see if I can get my asking price. I may go a different direction and swapping the axles may not be the best step forward. We will see what kind of interest my mildly built 10A unlimited generates.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wait for this PA title release is killing me... lol

On the plus side, I'm still getting lucky with FB market place. I've already found some good deals at 50% or more off new cost. I'm hopeful I'll continue to get lucky with these deals for this build.

I'm making progress pulling some stuff on the unlimited to prep it for sale.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The unlimited passed MD state inspection and the jk‘s title has arrived from PA. Closing the deal Wednesday!

Still have to pull the saltas off the jku and swap back to the oem wheels and spacers on the jku; then I’ll list it for sale.

Going with kenda pizza cutters again in the Jk. I think I’ll run the saltas first to see if I like the stance and look with the anvil jk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The unlimited passed MD state inspection and the jk‘s title has arrived from PA. Closing the deal Wednesday!

Still have to pull the saltas off the jku and swap back to the oem wheels and spacers on the jku; then I’ll list it for sale.

Going with kenda pizza cutters again in the Jk. I think I’ll run the saltas first to see if I like the stance and look with the anvil jk.
Congrats! MD inspections can be a PITA but they aren't the worst. I always get hit for some BS minor stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! MD inspections can be a PITA but they aren't the worst. I always get hit for some BS minor stuff.
I did get a 'preview' and heads up on what I should address before taking it in. I had to replace the drag link because my source told me he felt play and I should replace it to avoid any problems. No biggie, I figured the 35s will cause me to replace it sooner rather than later anyway. That was really the only item of concern. My pizza cutters are inside the flares and everything else functions as designed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did get a 'preview' and heads up on what I should address before taking it in. I had to replace the drag link because my source told me he felt play and I should replace it to avoid any problems. No biggie, I figured the 35s will cause me to replace it sooner rather than later anyway. That was really the only item of concern. My pizza cutters are inside the flares and everything else functions as designed.
I always get hit for new windshield wipers. My last inspection they made me remove my cowl mounted KC gravity lights because of visibility restriction. I put them right back on afterward. I've since found a better shop in my neck of Carroll County.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Made some small progress…

Doors slid up and out effortlessly

factory bushings are amazing and greased up.

Half doors fit well and do not need any adjustment.

heading to body shop tomorrow to hopefully drop them off. He wants to see them on the Jeep so he can get the paint code variant correct.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just wash mine, I don't wax them. As you can see mine live in a garage, and the anvil one has always lived in one. The black one only since I've owned it. The sun is brutal to the surfaces. I suppose you clean them well and maybe wax them, but I don't ever do anything to metal bumpers other than soap and water.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts