Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of ordering a Commando Green Rubi before seeing one and when it arrived I cancelled the order. I will not make the mistake of ordering sight unseen again and started looking for my second order.

Just found out the new Rubicon is planned to arrive soon (anniversary edition) and I may wait to see it and order one. Problem is that if it is nothing special and I wait to see it I will miss out on other colors that stop production before the new Rubi is released.

What is the big secret and why does Jeep not give its customers any details. I have searched all over the internet and there is nothing other than it is planned for March if I remember correct. Any ideas as to why they wait until the last minute to give any information? It really is a weird way to do business and makes the whole "Jeep" experience frustrating.

I sure would like to know some details on the 10th anniversary Rubicon so I know if I want to buy now or wait. I really would hate to wait and then it be nothing special....So again what is the big secret with the new Rubicon?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would bet different bumpers, wheels, some badging and maybe embroidering on the seats. It will probably be very nice but 8000 more than a normal rubi.....Heck my 2013 was 41500.....now we could be talking near 50,000.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
They're not gonna reinvent the wheel; it'll be a Rubi with yet another one-off Skittles paint theme, maybe some stickers and bumpers and stitching you'll pay out the wazoo for...no earth-shaking revelations.

What was so wrong with Commando? I think they look hawt. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The lack of information is really bad and frustrating. There is still nothing regarding 2013's on the jeep.ca website. There wasn't even a thing about the altitude when it came out on that website. If it wasn't for this forum or jeep.com, there would be no way to tell. Can't even build a 2013 on there, ridiculous!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read other threads where it was discussed what may or may not be on the new Rubicon however none of them actually explained why the details were such a guarded secret. I am still really frustrated with Jeeps way of releasing new products......it really makes it hard to make a decision on a new purchase.

kbwwolf the Commando was so hyped to be awesome and I got caught up in all of it and ordered a loaded out Rubicon sight unseen. The various photo shops looked nice and as Jeep gave us nothing to go on I assumed it would be close to the Jeep I wanted.

When the actual Jeep arrived it looked more brownish yellow and nothing about it screamed Commando to me. The leather interior looked horrible contrasting with the exterior color and I just could not make myself like it. It was "ok" but not something I would enjoy paying 36k on. This is my first Jeep purchase and also the most I have spent on a vehicle so as such I want it to be something that really makes me smile every time I see it in my garage.....Commando just did not do it for me in person.

Deep Cherry is my back up color as I really like the cherry with saddle interior and leather. I am tempted to just go with the Cherry however Dune and anvil sound nice as well. Problem is that if I wait to actually see one in person I will miss out on Cherry.

So to keep with the theme of this thread I am sure the new Rubicon will be nice I am however still curious as to why Jeep will not give any details to us the customers. Hell it is only a few short months away and we still know zero about the details......not even the colors it will be available in.

I can assume this is maybe to keep the current versions moving out the dealers door as if we knew the details many may skip buying now and their sales would decrease on other models. Regardless this is the most frustrating buying experience I have had and I have been tempted to just give up and look for something else.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
kbwwolf the Commando was so hyped to be awesome and I got caught up in all of it and ordered a loaded out Rubicon sight unseen. The various photo shops looked nice and as Jeep gave us nothing to go on I assumed it would be close to the Jeep I wanted.

When the actual Jeep arrived it looked more brownish yellow and nothing about it screamed Commando to me. The leather interior looked horrible contrasting with the exterior color and I just could not make myself like it. It was "ok" but not something I would enjoy paying 36k on.
I can see how that would be frustrating. I mean, I ordered black...no nasty surprises really possible there. :)

And I've only seen the pics of Commando here on the forum; have yet to lay eyes on one in real time.

I can assume this is maybe to keep the current versions moving out the dealers door as if we knew the details many may skip buying now and their sales would decrease on other models. Regardless this is the most frustrating buying experience I have had and I have been tempted to just give up and look for something else.
That's exactly what I think their rationale is, though I don't believe it would hurt the sales of other models all that much – peeps get fixated on one or two colors, and can't imagine anything else.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It really is the most frustrating experience ever. It is October 6th, and the Jeep website has ZERO information on the 2013 Freedom Edition or 10th Anniversary Rubicon. It also has ZERO pictures of any 2013 Wranglers (except the Moab that was added yesterday) along with having the wrong 2013 prices. There isn't even an online brochure for 2013 vehicles that they have been selling since the end of June.

And the staggered color release just drives me crazy because if you are buying a color sight unseen, you almost HAVE to see it in person first. Of course you may lose out on another color in the process.....then there is the allocation for build time wait.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I read other threads where it was discussed what may or may not be on the new Rubicon however none of them actually explained why the details were such a guarded secret. I am still really frustrated with Jeeps way of releasing new products......it really makes it hard to make a decision on a new purchase.

When the actual Jeep arrived it looked more brownish yellow and nothing about it screamed Commando to me. The leather interior looked horrible contrasting with the exterior color and I just could not make myself like it. It was "ok" but not something I would enjoy paying 36k on. This is my first Jeep purchase and also the most I have spent on a vehicle so as such I want it to be something that really makes me smile every time I see it in my garage.....Commando just did not do it for me in person.

Deep Cherry is my back up color as I really like the cherry with saddle interior and leather. I am tempted to just go with the Cherry however Dune and anvil sound nice as well. Problem is that if I wait to actually see one in person I will miss out on Cherry.

So to keep with the theme of this thread I am sure the new Rubicon will be nice I am however still curious as to why Jeep will not give any details to us the customers. Hell it is only a few short months away and we still know zero about the details......not even the colors it will be available in.

If u like the color of one, why not buy it, wait until the aniversary edition comes out and put the COD bumpers on. Or better, buy the color you want, and go to AEV with $20,000 and they'll load it up. I agree with everyone else, the anniversary edition is going to be a bumper sticker and about $48K

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I posted some of the info on the 2013 thread. It was shown at the dealer show in Vegas. It was shown in Anvil, however Anvil might not make it into production. Same with furious fuscia. There's a reason Anvil and the new pink( won't be named fuscia) aren't in the 2013 Chrysler paint catalog.

It was shown with red leather, a different hood than what we have seen so far on a factory Jeep. The front bumper is most likely AEV, but its a new bumper. The ends come off allowing you to make your own stubby front bumper. There are different rock rails as well.

I'm not sure what the rationale is with the secrecy. Part of it is the mystique. Jeep has been adding and removing colors every year for quite some time now and it obviously works. Every month is a record month or close to a record month. And resale is thru the roof.

Once I get more info I'll post it. We all know that Milous will probably have all the info before me. That guy is freaking amazing.

As far as pricing, a fully loaded 2012 COD was $48000+. Just a guess but I think a fully loaded will break $50000.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well, the whole thing is weird anyway. Shouldn't ALL of the Rubicons from this year be 10th anniversary rubicons? I mean when Harley celebrated their 100th in 2003, every bike that year was a 100th anniversary bike. If this is the 10th year that rubicons were made, then...

AEV is ruining their own brand anyway. It is like what happened to Krispy Kreme when they started letting gas stations sell THEIR product. Pretty soon Krispy Kreme had lost its own market due to over saturation. Same with AEV. I would never consider an AEV bumper now on MY jeep, because then it would be just like EVERYONE else's jeep. AEV made their brand have the same appeal as a gas station donut.

I think I will just design my own "10th" anniversary sticker...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well imagine that Anvil may not make it to production.....that would be a real kick in the teeth for those of us who waited to order just that. I am pretty sure that Anvil would most likely be limited to the anniversary Rubicon and if so the cost may make it out of some customers reach anyway.

I do believe I am simply going to go with what caught my eye first and that is the Deep Cherry with saddle interior and leather. I can always add parts to customize it later to what I want.

As frustrating as it is I now see how this weird release method may help us all with value and resale. In spite of all the minor issues they must be doing something right to have the top spot with holding their value after purchase......still do not have to like it however I am not giving up on Jeep happiness just yet....:surrender:

·
Registered
153 Posts
AEV can probably sell over a decades worth of parts by partnering with Jeep vs not partnering with Jeep. Regardless of if they are watering down there brand they are probably selling a lot more. Given I am sure it is discounted heavily for Jeep, but they are making $ and at the end of the day that is what counts.

Let's not all turn into kids who think Rock bands that go main stream are sell outs now. :) Everyone's gotta eat and why not eat Filet Mignon if your going to.

Well, the whole thing is weird anyway. Shouldn't ALL of the Rubicons from this year be 10th anniversary rubicons? I mean when Harley celebrated their 100th in 2003, every bike that year was a 100th anniversary bike. If this is the 10th year that rubicons were made, then...

AEV is ruining their own brand anyway. It is like what happened to Krispy Kreme when they started letting gas stations sell THEIR product. Pretty soon Krispy Kreme had lost its own market due to over saturation. Same with AEV. I would never consider an AEV bumper now on MY jeep, because then it would be just like EVERYONE else's jeep. AEV made their brand have the same appeal as a gas station donut.

I think I will just design my own "10th" anniversary sticker...

·
Registered
892 Posts
I bet this will be a limited production model and it will be hard to get one for less than $45k minimum. Definitely will be the first Wrangler to pass $50k with all options. Expect dealers to mark this one up over sticker.

·
Registered
227 Posts
VW played the same game with the Beetle back in the 70's. The Beetle was already 30 years old and they were all over the place. The special additions were just paint, stickers, wheels, and some interior parts. It was just a gimmick to keep attention on the brand. Fast forward 40 years and the special editions aren't worth anything. It just makes for interesting conversation. Some of the special edition parts are worth some coin, but not worth the effort to hunt them down IMO. Paying for a Jeep limited edition? Not for me, but people will pay to be different. Especially those that don't want to customize it themselves.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
they are making $ and at the end of the day that is what counts.
:9lame: My dream is that people stop spouting dribble like this. Have you ever had a single unique thought in your head or do you go around repeating whatever some other immoral dullard told you? Without regards to anything Jeep related, your sentiment is literally leading to the destruction of society... You really should take just a moment to stop praying to your inflatable Sam Walton doll and actually think about your existence...

Anyway, how much profit AEV is currently making wasn't my point, and you are probably right, which was my point in the first place. :wavey:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lowerumble said:
:9lame: My dream is that people stop spouting dribble like this. Have you ever had a single unique thought in your head or do you go around repeating whatever some other immoral dullard told you? Without regards to anything Jeep related, your sentiment is literally leading to the destruction of society... You really should take just a moment to stop praying to your inflatable Sam Walton doll and actually think about your existence...

Anyway, how much profit AEV is currently making wasn't my point, and you are probably right, which was my point in the first place. :wavey:
He was only trying to state the obvious... AS A COMPANY, the entire reason you go into business is to make profit, hence AEV's very smart decision to partner with Jeep. I really don't see the need to become an Internet bully over such a simple statement trying to help you understand why AEV would do such a "crazy" thing as make profit...

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Lowerumble said:

And everyone hates internet web wheelers with a huge ego that try to force feed his ideas to others.

In fact, it is ALL about the money in the end, and if you dont see that then you need to recheck YOUR existence :rolleyes: :flipoff:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am not unique though I strive to be the 1%, then I could have several 10th anniversary rubi's in every color and at the end of the day that's what its all about. Well except maybe rock lobster (no offense rock lobster guys).

But I am really looking foward to seeing this 10th anniversary rubi it is either gonna be amazing or just a copy cat of the COD (hopefully not, the COD was great, but we've seen that already).

I'd love to see any kind of lift just because it would be something new from Jeep. Being its the rubicon whatever they are doing should be off road related so I don't think we'll see a SC or anything like that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts