Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run 17/59 springs on the JKU w/ max two (freedom edition)
I am sort of planning on 2.5" lift kit but when I wear out the tires I just bought so I can put something bigger on it.

Now for meanwhile I was thinking swapping spring out and putting fox shocks
68196006AA 68196009AA with better shocks than stock.

Can someone tell me how many inches would the rig be lifted?

Main goal is to get harder ride (too soft now days) and I think I sagged a bit so 1/2 inch to 1" lift in front at least would be great.

Its being hammered every weekend so far and shocks are more than likely shot already.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I did that same swap, only I had 19 fronts and 60 rears and got about 1/4" if I remember correctly not enough difference to do the swap.

if you only want a little lift go with either some spacers or either Teraflex or RK 1.5" coils as they ride much better than stock coils.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same 17 and 59 to 10A springs you have listed and got about 1.5" front and 1" rear. Picture with 285 (33") tires. They ride great but I think you will sag more than other aftermarket springs when adding weight. When I add a wench I am going to add a 1/2" spacer up front.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, the lift 1.5 f 1 b is all I need.
Now aftermarket springs can you recommend some?
I dont want to go with a lift kit change swaybar etc just as much as RUBI hardrock will do the trick for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you, the lift 1.5 f 1 b is all I need. Now aftermarket springs can you recommend some? I dont want to go with a lift kit change swaybar etc just as much as RUBI hardrock will do the trick for me.
I am happy with the ride and height. I think it is perfect for 285 (33") tires on factory rims. I would look at the RK 1.5" springs. I would have gone that route but weren't available when I went with the 10A springs. They are nice and long so you can use longer shocks for more articulation. On a stock rig you will likely get about 2.25" front. TF 1.5" kit and OME light spring kit are two others that are popular. Both will also likely get you about 2.25" front as well. You don't necessarily need anything else but would recommend you check you front caster setting. If you go with longer shocks then you will need to get longer sway bar links and brake line drop brackets, but easy to install and fairly cheap.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you think you could run 33's (285) on the 19/60 coil swap? That's the route I went, although I added weight up front with a winch and bumper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you think you could run 33's (285) on the 19/60 coil swap? That's the route I went, although I added weight up front with a winch and bumper.
Check out this thread. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html
Is this for a 2 door? If so you likely have the same net lift I have going with the 10A springs on my 4 door. If not I cant say from experience as I put on my 285s after the 10A spring swap. From what I understand the 285s will work just fine without a lift but you might have some minor rubbing on the front air dam or sway bar. The air dam can easily be trimmed.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I spent quite a bit of time reading thru that thread. Very informative, but a lot that doesn't apply to me either. Yes, mine is a 2 door. I no longer have the air dam either as I've replaced the front bumper. Sound like 285's would work, except maybe at full flex...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts