This current build theme is “Off Road Expedition”. It is centered around the 2013 “Rock Lobster” Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. This build is being accomplished for a Photo shoot for the cover of 4WD.coms Catalog. The photo shoot will take place on Saturday April 13th.
Prior to beginning this build on April 2nd the following had already been completed on the build:
ProComp 7032 rims
315/75/16 Good Year Dura Trac Tires
Front Bumper MBRB Off Camber Fabrications stubby bumper with D-ring mounts and Bull Bar
Rear Smitybuilt XRC bumper and Tire Carrier
Factory flat fender trim
For the build project and Photo Shoot we have 11 days to complete the installation of the following items:
1. Garvin JK Wrangler Overhead Expedition Rack with Wind Deflector and Expedition Rack Ladder
2. Smitybilt Rock Crawler Side Armor
3. Truck Lite LED’s
4. Warn Zeon 10,000lb winch with Synthetic cable
5. Factor 5 Pro-link winch end
6. Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Kit
7. 50” rigid LED Light bar to Garvin rack
8. 10” rigid LED Light bar to MBRB bumper
9. Dually D2 surface mount diffused rigid Light mounted into the rear tail lights.
10. 4 Rigid SRM’s (2 on each side) mounted to the Garvin rack.
11. 15lb Power Tank on custom fabricated mount.
12. Custom tool mounts for Highlift Jack, Shovel, and Axe.
13. SPod to control the lighting package
14. Metal Cloak JK Overland Fenders (Front and Rear)
15. Metal Cloak 3.5” Dual-Rate lift, ARB Edition
I am still waiting for the last 3 items on the list so I am taking this opportunity to post some build pictures and talk about some of the fabrication that was required to make some of the parts fit where desired.