Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my calendar, it looks like the weekend of 12/1 is my last availability for wheeling this year, so I want to set something up for that weekend. Maybe a day run, maybe camping. My initial thoughts are either Calico or Last Chance Canyon/Schmidt Tunnel/Goler Gulch. Who wants to run something that weekend? What trail? I'll start a new thread once a decision is made.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calico was my initial thought. I just thought I'd throw another option out there. People who haven't checked out Last Chance Canyon/Schmidt Tunnel/Goler Gulch would probably enjoy it. It also makes for a good newbie/stocker run.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I haven't been out to Schmidt's tunnel in awhile....Last Chance is always good this time of year to ....there's lots to see in the El PassOs WOKNROX!

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't been out to Schmidt's tunnel in awhile....Last Chance is always good this time of year to
I actually haven't been to Schmidt Tunnel for a couple of years either, but I always like bringing people there for their first time because it's always cool to see for the first time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Armand, I know some of us locals would be up for the Last Chance run. If you wanted to make it an early day run, I might be down for a pizza/beer cool down at my restaurant if it works time wise for everyone.

PM me and we can talk if you're interested :thumb:

Stan

·
Registered
261 Posts
It looks like the pizza thing won't work. The wife just informed me that we have a party to attend that night. We would still be up for a local run though :thumb:

Stan

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good guys. Thanks for posting up. I'll let the feeler thread run for a little while to give others a chance to post up. We've got some time to decide before 12/1.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hmmm. My clock was off. Do not know why i was thinking 11/1? I may be able to do 12/1. I have not been to last chance in quite some time and really like that place. Day run or camping trip?

·
Registered
839 Posts
ide be in for either calico or last chance. is this goin to be a day run or a weekend event

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd be up for Last Chance Canyon. I think I'm ready for a bit of a challenge. You guys won't let me down as a support group, right? I am kinda new at this.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it's looking like Last Chance Canyon/Schmidt Tunnel/Goler Gulch. I'll start a new thread for it maybe today or tomorrow. Busy today.

If you guys did Last Chance ... I'd love to tag along if that would be okay
Anybody's welcome.

Day run or camping trip?
is this goin to be a day run or a weekend event
Either one. If there's enough interest in camping, we could do that. Either way, day run will be an option.

my birthday is Monday. Accepting gifts. :D
This Monday or the Monday after 12/1?

(Not that I'm going to get you a gift or anything. :p )

You guys won't let me down as a support group, right? I am kinda new at this.
Last Chance Canyon would be a newbie-friendly run. Please do me a favor and remind me on the day of the run that you're kind of a newbie, and we'll make sure you get the instruction and attention you need.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
We may join ya. Going out Goler Gulch is actually pretty cool out there. There are some mines to go in and out of and some structures as well. Goler isn't much but it is pretty. Then there is that camp at the end of the road. Shame people have trashed it.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd prefer Calico, mostly because it's closer.
Calico was my first choice, even though it's farther for me. I'm thinking sometime in January, I'll do another Calico run.

We may join ya. Going out Goler Gulch is actually pretty cool out there. There are some mines to go in and out of and some structures as well. Goler isn't much but it is pretty. Then there is that camp at the end of the road. Shame people have trashed it.
There might not be much time left for exploring the mines and structures around Goler, after everything else. We'll have to see. The days are short in December.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Need to look at the calendar but LCC the 1weekend of December sounds good to me ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm leaning really hard toward this run with you guys. Trying to convince the Old Lady to wheel with, but she panics so easily. Either way, I still want in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts