Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are threads about the viper TB fitting but was wondering if the same would be true with the one used with the 3.6.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Why? It's not likely any bigger bore then the 3.8. At least the Viper throttle body was 74mm compared to the 58mm stock 3.8L.
None the less, without bigger injectors and a custom tune to make use of the extra fuel you will see little to no difference in HP and a little extra throttle response.

The 08 Viper ran the same basic style computer and components so the beauty of it was the throttle body was plug and play. The new 3.6 throttle body may not play nice with the older computer.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3.6 TB has a larger opening compared to the 3.8. Saw a pic of the two in the quadratic catalog I got in the mail

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the Viper TB and I love it. Best upgrade I've made. No programmer, no exhaust, and it feels like a different Jeep. Found it used on eBay for $40. You'll spend a lot more and get a lot less with plenty of other mods. The Viper TB won't disappoint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts