Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My JK seems pretty peppy so just for fun I made a couple 0-60 runs using the app "pocketdyno". From what I have read it is pretty accurate. Best time was 6.30 seconds, pretty decent for what it is, JK, soft top, auto 3.73s on 285/70/17s.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
No matter what some app calculates, butt dyno says...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 12 JK sport with 6spd for a winter vehicle, because I did'nt want to drive my 12 Cadillac CTS-V in the crap weather. No matter what I do the Jeep feels sloooooow.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a lot quicker than I would've guessed. A bare-bones 6-speed Rubicon w/ 4.10s would be quickest, I think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
With the new engine the Jeep is actually pretty quick....compared to the past. Believe it or not, the official 0-60 time is less than half a second slower than the V6 mustang.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The base sport is the quickest as tested by several mags including Motertrend (6 speed manual). They ran a 0-60 time of 6.7 secs. The sport is more than 200lbs lighter than the Rubi and the unlimited is almost a quarter ton heavier than the two door, so I can see people not really feeling the power as it's about 2 secs slower to 60 and thats quite a bit slower, so I can only imagine what the 4 door is like with the old 3.8 Yikes.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Sub 7 seconds seems about right to me, especially on a 2 door with 3.73's.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I take my time from a stop, after buying my Jeep over a year ago I've been very conscious about "smart" driving. Like someone above said if I wanted to go fast I would have bought a Camaro...which I still want by the way...lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's a Jeep alright!

IDK about anyone else but to me 0-60 is meaning less! I want to know how she does on a 100m dash through 12 inches of mud, how nimble she is going in/out of thick woodlands, what the response is over boulders over 3 feet in diameter...

I bought this and all of my other Jeeps for pure ruggedness! My Z28 is for speed...

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The base sport is the quickest as tested by several mags including Motertrend (6 speed manual). They ran a 0-60 time of 6.7 secs. The sport is more than 200lbs lighter than the Rubi and the unlimited is almost a quarter ton heavier than the two door, so I can see people not really feeling the power as it's about 2 secs slower to 60 and thats quite a bit slower, so I can only imagine what the 4 door is like with the old 3.8 Yikes.

I honestly can not see how the manual could be quicker than the auto. Anyone with the 6 speed wanna drag race.

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Yea I read that. But I doesnt give a time for the 2012+ auto and since the auto is geared better then the manual with the 3.6 I think it would be quicker. The op is stating 6.30 for 0-60 with the auto and the motor trend is stating 6.7 with the manual. So the auto is quicker.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts