Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am looking to tap into the existing harness in the rear right of the Jeep that powers the sub woofer (which I do not have). In previous posts, there are supposed to be 2 harnesses back there. One for the sub and one for the power. I can only locate one 6 pin harness. Is it because Im not seeing something I should be or did they integrate the power into the sub harness ? If so, any idea on which wire is hot and which is ground. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've been told that the early models had the power on the sub connector while the latter models may or may not have the +12 power back there on a separate connector. (Both of ours did have a separate power plug and we didn't have a sub or the +12v outlet options.) The change seems to have occurred when they moved from a 2 voice coil sub to a 4 voice coil sub, requiring another connector. Regardless, if you have a hot wire, it should be a blue wire with a pink stripe and it runs off of fuse M7. Ours had a black wire for ground.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I've been told that the early models had the power on the sub connector while the latter models may or may not have the +12 power back there on a separate connector. (Both of ours did have a separate power plug and we didn't have a sub or the +12v outlet options.) The change seems to have occurred when they moved from a 2 voice coil sub to a 4 voice coil sub, requiring another connector.

Just to note, up to, and including, 2014 had the 2-voice coil sub (2 amp channels). 2015, and forward, had the 4-voice coil sub (4 amp channels).

·
Registered
623 Posts
He’s right.

I searched forums for days on this topic trying to find a way. You will likely have a fuse in the correct spot in the fuse box. Check it to make sure it good. Test the plugs with a voltage meter. If they’re hot, you’re in luck. If not give up or wire in your own.
(The higher trim levels seem to be hot)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your guidance.. I did find that the 6 pin harness I have does have a blue with pink stripe wire as well as black.....I will try to tap off these two ad go from there.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I searched forums for days on this topic trying to find a way. You will likely have a fuse in the correct spot in the fuse box. Check it to make sure it good.

Just to also note, there are actually two spots in the fuse box for the cargo area 12v outlet. Connecting one will provide constant power, and the other, power only when the ignition is 'on'.

Reactions: Comanche
1 - 7 of 7 Posts