Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone with the above setup. I'm getting ready to purchase a lift. Not sure which one, TF or AEV. Adding rancho 9000's too. Going with 35's down the road but that's a side note.
Some guys in my local jeep club will help with the install to save money.
My questions:
Pro's/con's with either lift? I've read up on them both but am looking for real world knowledge of them, not just what the manufacturers say.
Do these lifts come with EVERYTHING needed or are there additional things, parts, I need to buy to go along with the lift to make it work correctly?
I see different packages at different prices. Going from the lifted look, lite off-road to advanced. I don't see any rock climbing in my future but a few trails, so I'm looking for a kit in the middle.
Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
AEV will have progressive coils TF linear. AEV raises rear roll center pretty high. Bilstien shocks vs 9000's. A lot of folks are going with the TF kit, Rancho drop brackets and 9000's.

With the rebate and 90 day trial .. It's so hard not to try the 9000's out.

Fwiw .. The TF Kit without shocks or extensions supplies a raised rear track bar bracket with 2 holes. The 2nd hole if used is about 4" higher than stock and comparable to AEV (without the track bar)

·
Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
The AEV kit comes with Bilsteins. If you want the Rancho RS9000XL's then choose the TF lift.

Both lifts you can add the control arm drop brackets.

Both lifts you should add the Northridge bolt kit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a 12 JKR with the AEV 2.5 lift with geo brackets, AEV front bumper with Warn winch, AEV rear bumper and tire carrier. Still running the stock tires until they wear out, then 35's. The Jeep handles very well but the ride is stiffer than the stock Rubicon. I think the ride will be better with the 35's because the tire pressure will be lower than 37 that I am running now. Have had the lift for over a year.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
AEV! I've had both (TF on my TJ) and feel AEV is tons better.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Watch this:

TeraFlex Tech: Jeep Coil Springs Hype - YouTube

Pretty fair video about different types of springs. I'd go for the drop brackets and bolt kit with either kit. I've got the TF kit with Rancho shocks and drop brackets. Love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts