Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I bought a 13 Sahara last month with only 17k miles. I love it. I didn't notice until this week when I put 2 grown men in the back that there's an awful creak from the driver rear suspension.

Laid under it and rocked the Jeep sounds like it's coming from the sway bar rubber bushing to me. Pic attached. Sprayed it with silicone spray and it didn't help. Any idea? Help? Advice? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Well don't give up on the sway bar just yet. Take out the bolts and really work the silicone in there.

Other things it could be, sway bar end links, but there is no means to lube these. It could also be a shock starting to go bad. Last but not least you could have a rear control arm bushing that has failed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Uhg bushings! With 17k isn't it under warranty? Let them deal with it. You could , disconnect the sway bar completely and the shocks and have some people bounce around inside. That would at least eliminate the control arm bushings. Then put the shocks back on,, repeat,, then sway bar. It's about the only way I can think.. unless it doesn't do it not driving then you could remove sway if you are VERY!!!! CAREFUL!! While driving slow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought it used from a local chevy dealership, but I did get a "protection package" they said they'll take a look and send it to the local Jeep dealer if need be.

I'm hoping they don't say nothing is wrong, bc the sound is soooo annoying. Can't hear it unless someone's in the backseat on that side.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts