Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The noise seems to be loudest towards the center of the grille. Does it mostly when idling, don't know if it does it when driving, tires are too loud to hear it. Anyone else having this problem or know what it could be?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That sounds like it could be the water pump issue that some have had. Bad bearings cause the pump to chirp especially when hot.

I've had that chirp once in a while when I've been idling in traffic for a long time but then months will pass before it would happen again.

I'm already taking my Jeep in on Wed to get the heater core, radiator and oil cooler replaced for another known issue under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what my mechanic thought it could be. I'm going to take it in this week. Is that covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
849 Posts
That's what my mechanic thought it could be. I'm going to take it in this week. Is that covered by the warranty?
If you are still under your 3 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, yes. If not it will come out of your pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts