Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I've been having some issues with my 130 radio and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before I bring it to the dealer.

I've got the connectivity package, and for a while the bluetooth phone feature was working great and very similar to the Sync setup I had in my previous Ford. Now, however, I have absolutely no sound while on a call. People on the other end can hear me, but absolutely nothing is coming through the speakers. I've checked the volume on the phone and the Jeep, but can't seem to figure this one out. The voice prompts and bluetooth media streaming still work fine, oddly.

Secondly, I've plugged a 16gb USB drive filled with a bunch of MP3s in to the aux port but it only works about 2% of the time. If I select the USB drive as the input, it will sit there "reading" indefinitely. On the rare occasion that it does work, it will start playing immediately when selected - no reading or delays. I haven't had a chance to try a different USB drive, but 16gb of music can't possibly be too much, can it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like maybe the software in the module may be corrupted or bad wiring. Have you disconnected the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. May just need a reset.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Regarding the usb flash drive, the first time I hooked mine up it took nearly 10 minutes before it recognized the song info. Now whenever I start the jeep, I have the best success if I wait a minute or two before I switch the stereo to the USB. If I try to switch it to USB too quickly after starting the jeep it has a tendency to have issues like getting stuck reading...

My flash drive is a 32gb with about 20-21gb of mp3s on it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had the volume problem with the phone calls on the 430N system. You have to adjust the volume using the knob on the radio while on an active call. For some reason it starts out with the volume on 0.

Once adjusted (at least in my case) the incoming call volume stayed where it was set during the previous call.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the volume problem with the phone calls on the 430N system. You have to adjust the volume using the knob on the radio while on an active call. For some reason it starts out with the volume on 0.

Once adjusted (at least in my case) the incoming call volume stayed where it was set during the previous call.
I didn't have a chance last night to do the battery reset, but the volume trick unfortunately didn't work. Even when on a call, while playing with the volume nob, nothing :confused:

To the dealer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts