Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Wrangler Unlimited came with the 130 RES head unit and the Alpine upgrade. It had Uconnect and Sirius. I ordered a 430N unit from OEM Auto Parts and even opted to get the 1 year warranty and map update. I received it today and installed the unit. Voice command, steering wheel controls, bluetooth phone connection, Sirius radio all work. I was happy until I tried navigation. At the bottom of the nav screen is a soft button called "hide navigation", a clock display and the current sat channel is displayed. Above that is blank. The area where the map or the "navigate to" and "view map" soft buttons should be displayed is blank. From what I understand, since I had Sirius I should already have the nav antenna, correct? This being Saturday OEM Auto Parts is closed so I'm asking for advice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When not on the nav screen, everything looks normal. The Sirius/radio screen looks and functions normal as does the disc/aux screens and everything I've tried works except for nav. Does the nav unit run off a dvd? I'm wondering if since I paid extra for the most recent map updates, maybe they forgot to insert the map dvd?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, for some reason I cannot see your video or whatever it is you have in the second window. However, I do know what it is supposed to look like from reading the manual.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
When not on the nav screen, everything looks normal. The Sirius/radio screen looks and functions normal as does the disc/aux screens and everything I've tried works except for nav. Does the nav unit run off a dvd? I'm wondering if since I paid extra for the most recent map updates, maybe they forgot to insert the map dvd?
Nope. It's all software based.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, that's not the answer I was wanting to get, I was wishing it would be a simple solution. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll just have to wait till Monday and see what the tech at OEM auto parts can tell me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I saw my 430N nav software crash once, and it wouldn't properly reboot for a short time. Try driving to an open area on a clear day, with the vehicle running. Try giving it 30 seconds to load after initializing. You might see a Garmin logo or small print against a black screen before seeing the first menu. If not, try restarting the vehicle and rebooting. If that doesn't work, try dis/reconnecting the battery. After that, dealer.

BTW there is a full downloadable manual just for the 430 on the Jeep website under the owners/manuals section. Not sure what you got or didn't get or read/didn't read already, but there could be additional pointers in there. I haven't read it...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dang, that's not the answer I was wanting to get, I was wishing it would be a simple solution. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll just have to wait till Monday and see what the tech at OEM auto parts can tell me.

Bikerdib did you get your 430N working? What did OEM say the problem was?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts