Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 430N on Ebay to add a backup camera on my 2016 JKUR. Installed the HU today to make sure it works even though I haven't received the camera and harnesses yet from Quadratec. All went well, (didn't even have to enter the anti-theft code, what's it for then?), except I'm unable to connect one of the 2 coax connectors as the groove/indent/latch positions don't match up. I'm thinking it's the Sirius/GPS antenna lead, as Sirius does not even show up on the screen as an option, and the NAV feature can't find any satellites. After further research, I've been led to believe that this year Jeep has a dual purpose Sirius/GPS antenna, even though the 130 has no screen for NAV. What am I missing, and is there an adapter that will allow me to connect these features? HELP!! :pullinghair: :beerme:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more research, I believe I've identified the problem better. The original radio is a 130S, Sirius radio but no GPS, The 430N I replaced it with does not have Sirius, so has the blue connector for the antenna, where as the 130 has the mustard color connector. As I understand it, since the 130 has Sirius, the antenna should be the dual one and therefore should work for GPS except it won't plug into the 430 due to wrong connector. Does anyone know of an adapter to allow this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe that helps:

This is the backside of the RHR 730N Navi radio. It was made for the 2011+ JK's. The Yellow connector is the combined SAT/GPS connector. It's called a Fakra connector.

For the 2007-2010 JK's it used the RER Navi radio which had separate GPS and SAT radio antenna connectors. The Blue Fakra Connector was for the GPS antenna and the Yellow Fakra was for the SAT only antenna. The RER got replaced by the RHR in 2011+ JKs.

The Yellow Fakra connector is the same on both radios. So if you wanted to install an RHR 730N radio into a 2007-2010 JK, you would need to purchase the combined SAT/GPS antenna and install that in place of the SAT only antenna on top of the roll bar and connect the combined antenna to the same existing wire harness, and then connect the existing Fakra connector behind the radio to the back side of the GPS/SAT antenna combined SAT/GPS connector on the RHR 730N radio.

All JK's came with SAT radio that I'm aware of, so that Yellow female Fakra side connector behind the radio should be present regardless of the year of JK you have.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My radio has the white fakra and a blue fakra...... no yellow. I believe it must be an overseas model without Sirius capability. The link you provided may work, I'll let you know! Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up a 430N on Ebay to add a backup camera on my 2016 JKUR. Installed the HU today to make sure it works even though I haven't received the camera and harnesses yet from Quadratec. All went well, (didn't even have to enter the anti-theft code, what's it for then?), except I'm unable to connect one of the 2 coax connectors as the groove/indent/latch positions don't match up. I'm thinking it's the Sirius/GPS antenna lead, as Sirius does not even show up on the screen as an option, and the NAV feature can't find any satellites. After further research, I've been led to believe that this year Jeep has a dual purpose Sirius/GPS antenna, even though the 130 has no screen for NAV. What am I missing, and is there an adapter that will allow me to connect these features? HELP!! :pullinghair: :beerme:
Hey! When buying the 430N, is there anything I need to consider when picking one on eBay? I'll be moving from the 130 as well.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are 2 mounting options (Top/bottom or on the sides), 2 speed options (high or low), and with/without Sirius radio. You'll want a side mounting, high speed and if you get one without Sirius and your 130 had it, you'll need the adapter mentioned above by Feehliks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are 2 mounting options (Top/bottom or on the sides), 2 speed options (high or low), and with/without Sirius radio. You'll want a side mounting, high speed and if you get one without Sirius and your 130 had it, you'll need the adapter mentioned above by Feehliks.
Awesome! Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also make sure you get the anti-theft code!!
Thanks for all the info! I was doing a bit of research and found that there's also a 730N head unit. The only difference I could really see is that it has the "premium navigation" whatever that means. Is there a reason you went with the 430N instead of the 730N?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
if the connector is a cream (currey) coloured connector, that is the dual GPS/Sirius antenna connector, white is for radio antenna

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Make sure you buy one with the right bus speed for your vehicle. JK's for example need a high speed bus radio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts