Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to buy rugged ridge or quadratec floor mats for my altitude, but the sites are full of warnings that it is unsafe to use a 2013 floormat in a 2014... But not all the brands or sites have the same warning. What gives?

I filter by my info, but it still shows 2013 stuff that probably is wrong. See picture:

image-2200785788.jpg

Also, trying to buy rugged ridge euro light guards but i am nervous they also will not fit because it says will not fit sahara on this link

http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=13107+0941

But the individual parts don't say "will not fit sahara". Having an altitude edition, i'm pretty sure it's just a tricked out sahara. Do saharas not come with fog lamps and that might be the warning basis? I have fog lamps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone recommends a brand over rugged ridge / quadratec please tell me! For light guards and floor liners

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
As far as I know, the Altidute is the same as the Sahara.

As for the floor....it is the anchor points for the floor mats. The 2014's have more (or better ones or something like that).

Reactions: WaltA

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
If i'm correct.. 13's have a single anchor point, 14's have dual anchor points per side on the floor mats. Don't hold me to it though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
^^^ Yes you are correct the 14 does have two anchor points vs 1 in the 13s. OP you will need to make sure the floor liners are for the 14s vs the 13s.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have a 2014 and I previously had a 2013 and I was too cheap to replace my weathertech matts from my 2013 and they work perfectly in my 2014. They do not move and have been using them for 10,000 miles without issues. If I was buying new I would get the ones with proper anchors but if you already have matts from 12 or 13's I would just use those.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, got the right floor matts! Any idea why the rugged ridge light guard set won't work?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I use the QuadraTec mats... they fit really well and they make a 2014 version.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If anyone recommends a brand over rugged ridge / quadratec please tell me! For light guards and floor liners
I actually got the Mopar Slush Mats for my 14 JKU off of amazon for $65 shipped. Came with both front and rear and I love them! The mopar cargo liner on there is a little ridiculous at $75 so I just flipped my carpet cargo liner since it has a rubbered surface on the other side with the Jeep logo and all on it.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
As far as I know, the Altidute is the same as the Sahara.

As for the floor....it is the anchor points for the floor mats. The 2014's have more (or better ones or something like that).
The 2013 has one hook type of anchor. The 2014 has 2 disc-like anchors that actually lock in place. It's definitely a better system in the 2014.

·
Registered
54 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread, but are the newer ones backward compatible? I have a 2012, and found a good set of weathertechs from a 2015 jku that I'd love to get if they will work.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
they will not clip in. they will work in a sense but will not be solid so can slip around they do not recommend doing that in case they get in the way of the brake or gas pedal.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
you can make them work but you need to purchase the newer carpet hold downs and install them in your carpet. i pickup some used bed tred and had to do this exact thing. the cost is pretty inexpensive and it is easy to do.

here is a post where i did the conversion and i list the part numbers you need.

14+ floor mats in a 13-

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
When I first read the comment on the guards, I was thinking, no they will not fit a '17 or '18 Sahara or Rubicon (they came stock with LEDs, and the Saharas from 2016 on have a different grille. But, that was a 2014 posting that said they would not fit a Sahara. I don't know why not, as the grille and lights for the Sahara are just like the Sport and Rubicon from 2007 to 2015.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
When I first read the comment on the guards, I was thinking, no they will not fit a '17 or '18 Sahara or Rubicon (they came stock with LEDs, and the Saharas from 2016 on have a different grille. But, that was a 2014 posting that said they would not fit a Sahara. I don't know why not, as the grille and lights for the Sahara are just like the Sport and Rubicon from 2007 to 2015.
Huh?:unsure:

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
If you look at the illustration of the head light guards, they have tabs where they mount to the retaining ring around the headlights. The '16 through '18 Saharas have a different grille than all the other JK Wranglers. We have discussed in other threads in the forums that the backside of the grilles are a little different and that the slots have a slightly different shape than the grilles on the other Wrangers that could possibly keep them from fitting. But, the post with the commenting that the light guards not fitting on a Sahara was in 2014 and to the best of my knowledge the '07 through '15 Sahara grilles were the same as the Sport and Rubicon grilles for those years.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
If you look at the illustration of the head light guards, they have tabs where they mount to the retaining ring around the headlights. The '16 through '18 Saharas have a different grille than all the other JK Wranglers. We have discussed in other threads in the forums that the backside of the grilles are a little different and that the slots have a slightly different shape than the grilles on the other Wrangers that could possibly keep them from fitting. But, the post with the commenting that the light guards not fitting on a Sahara was in 2014 and to the best of my knowledge the '07 through '15 Sahara grilles were the same as the Sport and Rubicon grilles for those years.
Either I'm on the wrong thread or you are. lol I believe we are talking about floor mats in this thread. What do you think it is about?

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I was responding to the second half of his question in Post #1 about light guards not fitting if it was a Sahara. The first part was the floor mats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts