Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone thought I'd begin a thread for my SLOW build. 2014 Rubicon X that I bought used in February.

So far I've bought a Smittybilt soft top on Bestop frame, just waiting to put it on. Also 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MB Razors.

Plans as of now don't include too much. Some parts from Maximus-3, Shorty antenna, and flat fenders after awhile. Not planning on lifting yet because this is my daily and my last vehicle was lifted 6" and it destroyed the ride (looked dang good though!)

The wheels are going up for sale, all 5 with sensors, PM me if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What do you think of that bumper? Out local dealer has one he wants to get rid of. I have to purchase the winch mount separately.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you think of that bumper? Out local dealer has one he wants to get rid of. I have to purchase the winch mount separately.
It's nice. You have to throw some money at it to make it winch/light/pushbar/ capable.

I thought about getting rid of them but it's what makes my X an X. Whats the price they're asking?

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's nice. You have to throw some money at it to make it winch/light/pushbar/ capable.

I thought about getting rid of them but it's what makes my X an X. Whats the price they're asking?
$1000 for just the bumper, then another 400 for the mount.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been awhile since I've updated.

Since last post I've done:
1.5 TF level
KC Lights
Grill inserts
Maximus 3 stinger
Shaved fenders
Stubby antenna

The flat fenders help tremendously off road with the 33s and a level. Before the front would rub and now everything clears at full flex.

Some poser shots...

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
You did a great job with the fenders. I like the angle you took up front, really looks good with the stubby bumper. I need to remove my end caps.

PS. Your garage floor looks great as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did some wheeling a few weekends ago.

Lessons learned:

1. Shaved fenders+negative offset wheels+no doors=a fun day but messy interior.

2. Pulling carpet permanently vs. cleaning said carpet is way easier.

3. Duratracs are a great tire for on road use and light offroad but provide little to no traction in the sloppy mud.

4. Shaving fenders with 33s make me want 35s ASAP. Will replace with Cooper STT Pro in another 10k miles. Duratracs are at 75% with 20k miles on them currently.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Been awhile since I've updated.

Since last post I've done:
1.5 TF level
KC Lights
Grill inserts
Maximus 3 stinger
Shaved fenders
Stubby antenna

The flat fenders help tremendously off road with the 33s and a level. Before the front would rub and now everything clears at full flex.

Some poser shots...

I like your fenders I have to get the balls to just go and cut mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honestly it just took 10 minutes looking at the price of aftermarket fenders and a six pack to decide haha

Just go for it and accept that they won't be perfect and it'll turn out great. Function>form.

Your rig looks good man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts