Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Once you start it's pretty much impossible to stop. Welcome to the wonderful world of Wrangler modification syndrome.
Yep. There is no cure. Symptoms can be temporarily relieved by throwing more money at the Jeep.

What do you have in mind for your Jeep, usage-wise or look-wise?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what I started out with:
'14 JK Sport with Willy's wheels/tires/suspension

The previous owner hit something in the front, messing up the stock bumper which I was already not fond of...
ijlk.jpg

I learned how to drive on a Camry and an A4 so my first drive in the Jeep was very different. I must say I never plan on going back to a sedan..

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
The Jeep is one of the most fun and versatile vehicles one can own. With the tires you have on you can handle just about any terrain. Since you're in NJ, I say get some snow tires and you'll be the Queen of the Road in winter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. There is no cure. Symptoms can be temporarily relieved by throwing more money at the Jeep.

What do you have in mind for your Jeep, usage-wise or look-wise?
Look wise, I have so many things planned for my Jeep and I need to really sit down and sort through them! I've been rained on so many times since I bought the Jeep in April, and cleaning out that fish smell is :pullinghair: although it's worth the fun.. The carpets, along with the smell issue, have a hard time staying in place. I plan on tearing them out and finding an alternative that will not leave me with a fishy Jeep. The rear bumper needs to go, and I am going to add stickers to the interior/exterior. I also need running boards, because as of now my mother has a hard time climbing in. Usage wise, I offroad a lot on easy trails and am looking to lift the jeep so I can try the harder/rockier trails. I currently have no skid plate, so I need to add one as well. I am so new to this "Jeep thing" and have tons to learn..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I, for the life of me cannot figure out how to use this website so I'm hoping that I'm posting the right way! The first mod that I put in was headlights (as everyone knows the stock ones are terrible -- almost unsafe). I installed the Quadratec Gen II Black Stealth's. I was not a big fan of the white "Q" in the middle of the regular Gen II's.
IMG_6388.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mod #2 is the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper. I was extremely happy that this bumper came finished, because from what I hear most Poison Spyder bumpers need to be painted yourself.. I didn't cough up the extra $279 for the skid plate that came with it, though.
IMG_6858.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mod #3 Smittybilt XRC Fender Flares
I was a little hesitant to put these on since I've heard that no lift and stock tires will appear smaller with the flat flares. I do not think my tires look much smaller, but this look will have to do until I get bigger tires. It's all a process; slow and steady wins the race.. Needless to say, I installed them anyway and am very happy with them. I was so glad to get rid of the stock flares. Did not get around to cutting my inner liners so I'm rocking bare fenders right now. Just until I decide to trim the stock liners or spend the money on the nicer liners .. I am in love with the DV8's.

The Jeep is still a little muddy from a weekend trip.
IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

IMG_7413.jpg

IMG_7414.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Looking good!

I have the mid-width version of that bumper and I love it. The skid plate, which I have, is a must if you have a Rubicon model, optional otherwise.

As for running boards, look into some rock rails instead since you do offroad. I have the ACE ones, they not only protect the Jeep in the rocks, they also work very well as a step - my wife has had knee replacement and couldn't get in without the step. Also look at the GraBars, makes it much easier for someone to get in.

Regarding the fender liners; trimming the front ones is a chore but comes out good in the end. The rear ones may not fit depending on the new flare. I opted to paint the wheel well with Rust-Oleum rubberized undercoating instead. Check out the last page of my build thread (in my signature) to see how that came out.

Finally, look into some front sway bar disconnects, a must for offroading.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mod #4 !! DV8 inner fenders. I am in love with them, and will probably end up removing the silver part and spray painting it another color. I read that a lot of people experience some rattling, but I have yet to experience it even at idle or highway speeds.

Facetune.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts