Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from Western Canada

I am new to this forum and am looking for some help in trouble shooting this little problem I am having.

I will start at the beginning. I was driving home from town with the cruise control on. As I was going up a hill and just as the cruise was downshifting it shut off, the dash light went off and the check engine light came on. When I got home I put on the code reader and it came up a 1492 code. ( Ambient battery temp voltage high)

After some research I know the Battery temp sensor is under the battery and runs off a 5 volt circuit from the PCM. I checked the sensor for corrosion, dirt and chaffage, all were good. I checked the leads for voltage and it turned out to be 5.2 volts, so that is not my problem. I then put in a new sensor erased the code started up the jeep and the code came back on. So the new sensor went back to lordco auto parts and I got my 65 bucks back.

Next I changed the battery thinking it might be a bad cell, it wasn't so I put the old battery back in.

I then checked all my vacume connections and electrical leads for the cruise control, and they all check out ok. My next option is to go to the jeep dealer to try OEM Battery sensor. After that my last option will be to start pulling the battery sensor wires out of the wiring harness to look for a short.

By the way when I erase the code the cruise control light will come on untill the check engine light comes back on.

If any one has any other suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked and with the check engine light on my cruise control won't light up and the hazard light don't work either. The signal lights work so does the horn and the heater.

Any ideas or thoughts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts