Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 wrangler and was wondering if I could just put on 15 inch wheels or do I have to do some modifications. Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have not done it, but from what I understand the short answer is it depends on the wheel. Some 15's work out of the box, some you might need to grind the calipers a bit, and others won't work at all. I'll let someone who actually has done 15's chime in on specifics of what they have that works.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have not done it, but from what I understand the short answer is it depends on the wheel. Some 15's work out of the box, some you might need to grind the calipers a bit, and others won't work at all. I'll let someone who actually has done 15's chime in on specifics of what they have that works.
It's pretty close. If they are 4.25 or less backspaced you should be alright. Just don't get the stick on wheel balance weights because they will hit on the front, the rear has plenty of clearance.
For info, 2015 jk sport, 15x10 wheels (ultra Motorsports, model- drifter) 33x12.5x15 shoes.
I'll try to get a better pic if you want but there is my experience.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
American outlaw deputy rims. Manufactured specifically for the jk so it has plenty of room.

View attachment 3660737
I like the look on these... If they were really for the JK, they would have a center bore of 71.5, not 78.1. The 8.5 and -19 gives a back spacing of 4.0", very nice for a 15" wheel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the look on these... If they were really for the JK, they would have a center bore of 71.5, not 78.1. The 8.5 and -19 gives a back spacing of 4.0", very nice for a 15" wheel.
Either way there is lots of room with these wheels. I measured over 6mm. Thinking about tie rod upgrades and the Yeti should be ok with these wheels since it doesn't rock.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
kickin this old thread.....................anybody found any upgraded TR's or TRE's that'll work with the 15" wheels, yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts