Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 TJ that I'm looking to put a factory JK double DIN radio into. The wire harness on the old TJ doesn't plug into the back of the newer head unit. I was wondering if they make an adapter from old style to new style or if there are any other fixes for this issue?

The adapter would be like a female TJ (old) wired to a male JK (new)

Or is it possible to make a homemade adapter like that?

The old style male plug is close to the left female slot on the head unit but does not match up unless I'm doing something wrong

·
Registered
97' TJ 2.5L 5spd w/ Kumho Road Venture AT51 LT 31X10.50R15
142 Posts
I have a 2003 TJ that I'm looking to put a factory JK double DIN radio into. The wire harness on the old TJ doesn't plug into the back of the newer head unit. I was wondering if they make an adapter from old style to new style or if there are any other fixes for this issue?
I think you're on a mission of Impossible.

I'm assuming the radio you want to install is a MyGig head unit by the looks of it in the picture. If so, those head units have an Anti-theft security lock in them. If I remember correctly, those head units talk to the PCM to see if the VIN# matches what is stored in the head units memory. Your TJ does not have the protocols to answer the MyGig head unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.