Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
You can make 15's work but, if you are installing D60's it would seem the build will stay at that level for a while. Bite the bullet and get some 17" rims. as you will end up with at least 37" tires.
With 37" and above you will never miss the sidewall flex from a smaller rim. JMHO BTW 17's on the big tires looks better also:).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to go with 40" bias ply IROCKS right now, I just didnt know how much of a difference load range D tires would make. I wanted to run 15's so i could stay with load range C tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MR.CLIFFORD said:
There are a couple different options.

1.) trim up your brake calipers like this...

http://www.coloradok5.com/d60calipergrind.shtml

or convert to 3/4 ton brakes in the front. :)
I read the link but it only refers to GM D60's. Tha one I am looking at is from a 93 F350. Are they the same?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Freaky TJ said:
I am going to go with 40" bias ply IROCKS right now, I just didnt know how much of a difference load range D tires would make. I wanted to run 15's so i could stay with load range C tires.
I fail to see the problem, I have 42" Irocks mounted on 17" rims that are Load range C. Just because you go with a larger axle, does not mean that you have to go with a heavier load range tire. One is not relevant to the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.