Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 wrangler unlimited sahara with the stock 18s on it. I have a real nice set of km2 tires that love to put on it but they are a 15" rim size. Anyone out there know if I can get away with that size rim? Any help would be great

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2010 wrangler unlimited sahara with the stock 18s on it. I have a real nice set of km2 tires that love to put on it but they are a 15" rim size. Anyone out there know if I can get away with that size rim? Any help would be great
There is a thread somewhere that has a chart with different 15 inch wheels with specific back spacing that works for a jk. I'm sure someone will post the link for you if you can't find it yourself..I think it's on JKO. The chart is pretty detailed and should definitely help you.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
15" steel wheels won't clear the brake calipers.
Wrong please do more research some will fit some wont will fit some need some minor grinding on the caliper. But at the end of the day yes there is no problem putting 15 inch steel wheels on a JK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard there is a difference between an early model 2010 and a late model when it come to brake size any truth to that? I've heard there is a 11.5" and 13.5" depending when it was made

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I've heard there is a difference between an early model 2010 and a late model when it come to brake size any truth to that? I've heard there is a 11.5" and 13.5" depending when it was made
No ALL US jk's have the same brakes from 07 - 15 only export jks have the larger brake system from the factory.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
And not everyone wants to grind on a brake caliper.
And not all 15" steel wheels need grinding what's your point? Are you upset that I called you out? I just wanted to get the correct information out there. .....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So now that I'm convinced to do some 15s, why is it so hard to find nice black wheels in that bolt pattern? Any good sites to look for wheels?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Because the trend is to use larger wheels to accomodate larger brakes. The JK is a good example, although it is *possible* to run 15" rim they are undersized for it. Running 15" rims not a good practice but there are worse ...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Because the trend is to use larger wheels to accomodate larger brakes. The JK is a good example, although it is *possible* to run 15" rim they are undersized for it. Running 15" rims not a good practice but there are worse ...
Hey spinlock just out of curiosity what problem would you see with it I respect your opinion so just curious. I did a lot of research into this a while ago and was all set to do it until I discovered that I couldn't go Hd tierods which limited me down the road but that was the only negative that I found. I know some thought it would be an issue with breaking not being able to get enough heat out but I can tell you that my SRT charger that's a lot of track time had very tight clearances on the wheels and never had a problem.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
are they already on 15" wheels or do you have to buy them?

just asking because I have a buddy who was super stoked about his set of 35's on 15's that were the wrong lug pattern. 15's are very common on TJ's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the tires and they are on my old Toyota rims that are 6 lug. I need to buy the rims. Figure that is cheaper than buying new tires for 18" rims by a long shot

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I have the tires and they are on my old Toyota rims that are 6 lug. I need to buy the rims. Figure that is cheaper than buying new tires for 18" rims by a long shot
absolutely. when I was buying tires I already had 18" wheels, ended up getting a whole new set of 17's because it was more cost effective.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
15x8.5" Allied rock-a-thon steel bead lock wheels on 2012 Rubicon. Close on front caliper but no rub.

15x8" Level 8 trackers, aluminum, no run, same rig. 35x12.5r15 MT's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts