Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie question. I searched, but didn't find a definite answer. I could have overlooked it.

We have a '14 JKUS. I just bought a set of '16 Sahara take offs with 300 miles in them. The '16 wheel set are supposed to still have the TPMS in them. Couldn't tell where the bead had been broken on either side on any of the wheels.

Question: Will the '14 recognize the '16 TPMS sensors (if they are still in there)? Best I could figure out from the search is "drive them 30 miles and the '14 will "learn them".

Thanks in Advance. I plan to install them this weekend.

Jon.

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
To answer your question, yes, they will work, as evidence of this photo - these were taken off a '16 Sahara Unlimited as well.

No issues what so ever - like you said, took a bit of driving and they finally registered...

I never got any TPMS warnings - but just didn't have any PSI readings on the EVIC...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I think the frequency change was in maybe 2012 or 2013. 2014 and 2016 should work just fine.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Zero issues. '16 wheels with factory TPMS worked flawlessly on the '14. We did the wheel/tire swap this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts