Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 4dr wrangler that came with factory 18's. Am going to lift it and want to put 17" m/t sidebiters with 35s on it. Understanding that i will have to reprogram it is there any other issues with going with a 17' wheel? Clearance, brake rotors ect.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Personally, I don't like large rims. The biggest I would ever go is 16". They keep making the factory rims bigger and bigger, and soon people will be rolling around on 22's....

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I have 17's on my JK and i'm thinking about going back with 16's when the tires wear out. There is a much larger selection of tires in the 15 and 16 inch sizes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Interesting topic. I am sure mine were 17's from the assembly line, but I bought it with 18" Pro Comp Extremes already installed. Besides the small jump in wheel size, keep tire size and pricing in your considerations. I know for sure I won't be getting 325s next time around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine wears 18s because I got a fantastic deal on them. I really like them and maybe, just maybe, the price of tires for them will have dropped some by the time I will need new tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts