Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the JK forum as I just oprchased a 17 Red Jeep Willey but have been active in the TJ(think that is the forum acronym?) as I also own a Red 98 Sport Wrangler.

Curious if other members own more than one jeep and if so are they different model releases like I now own.

If so what do you like about one vs the other.

Me, love the 4.0L engine in my 98 Sport.
17 Willey - Love it's bigger build and feel and all the updated technology and comfort available!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a 98 xj and a 2015 rubicon HR

love every thing about both lol but the xj is my trail rig and don't care if I scratch or hit something while offroading, the jk has 0 problems brand new and not abused

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 17' Willys has a bunch more power and 6 speed manual, plus the updated Rubicon suspension; springs, shocks, wheels (just a different color) and tires.

·
Registered
94 Posts
98 Sahara vs. 17' JKU Sahara

Purchased a 98 TJ Sahara brand new in 97 -- had it for 19 years. Absolutely loved it..... it was my "happy place". It never let me down and was simply a joy to drive.... Heck -- in my divorce the EX tried to get it (just to be a bitch.... or maybe for her BF) but I was like HELL NO! I ended up wrecking my TJ last winter after stopping to help a guy who's care was on fire.... (LONG STORY).... After I lost my TJ (totaled -- bent frame) I decided to purchase a 17 JKU Sahara...... I LOVE IT!

How do they compare??? Well - the 98 was rock solid, would go anywhere, and the motor would go FOREVER. The 98' also was impractical (no room), crappy ride, no bells and whistles, and loves gas pumps. My 17' JKU is much better ride, way better on gas, and has so many nice features the TJ didnt' have..... We'll see if it lasts 19 years...... fingers crossed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
My 2003 Rubicon (purchased used 3 years ago with 112K miles) got me back into Jeeps. It's my fun to drive vehicle. My 2015 Sahara (bought new 3/15) is my over the road vehicle and when I have to much stuff to carry for the TJ. I love the TJ, but the JKU is a lot more comfortable.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Have a 98 Sport and a 17 JKU Hard Rock.

The 98 is slow, small, rides like shit, is noisy as hell, and love it—I mean it's a TJ.

The JKU is pretty much the opposite, but I also absolutely love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts