Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I've just bought a 2015 wrangler unlimited but want to fit some wider wheels and better off road tires. I've been looking at some 17x9 rims with a 285/70R/17 tire. Is this possible without adding any lift? If not what's the biggest I can go?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

The link posted by Sinister has a link about the largest tire you can mount on a stock JK.

As you will find out, backspacing is the key parameter. The wider the wheel the more important backspacing becomes. Those tires are not very wide so you might consider going with a slightly narrower rim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for, and like you said with answers to some questions I haven't even answered yet.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey everyone.
I've just bought a 2015 wrangler unlimited but want to fit some wider wheels and better off road tires. I've been looking at some 17x9 rims with a 285/70R/17 tire. Is this possible without adding any lift? If not what's the biggest I can go?
I ran that setup for about a year. 17x9 wheels with 5.5" backspacing. Toyo AT2 in 285/70r17.

Jeep was all stock and I had no rubbing. Finally took them off and went to pizza cutters on Rubi wheels. Now they're looking for a new home.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
I ran that setup for about a year. 17x9 wheels with 5.5" backspacing. Toyo AT2 in 285/70r17.

Jeep was all stock and I had no rubbing. Finally took them off and went to pizza cutters on Rubi wheels. Now they're looking for a new home.
^^^There is your answer!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts