Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will newer stock Wrangler 18in wheels with 255/70/18 tires fit a stock 1998 wrangler?? I am more concerned with the bolt pattern. I plan on putting a small 1 1/2 maybe 2in. spacer lift. I have 31s on 15s now. Does anyone think this will work. There is a great deal on the 18in. tire package on craigslist. I am guessing the bolt pattern is wrong but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I'm 95% certain they will not fit unless you buy addapters

·
Registered
97 Posts
You will need the adapters and they are not cheap. $200 for the set of four, so whatever deal you have with the tires and wheels, add $200 to that and see if you still have a deal. I am running 17" Moab's with BFG MTs off of a JK on my TJ with the adapters. I am using the spidertrax adapters and trust them more than something I could get off of EBAY.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also, I am still on a stock suspension. I dont do any crazy rock crawling but for easy to moderate trail riding, i have had no problems without a lift. I only get a little rubbing at full turn, but mostly I try not to cut the wheel all the way. I could adjust the steering stops, but I will wait till the weather is a bit nicer to worry with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts