Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry new to the forum. I have a 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited. I am interested in putting 18" wheels on it with 295/70/18 tires. It currently has 17's with no lift. I am looking at the 18x9 KMC Rockstars. I have read various forums as a visitor about the rockstars and appreciate all the info. As listed in various other threads the wheels are 18x9 with 0 offset, and 5 in backspacing. I know that these will fit the stock jeep but I am planning on putting on a 2.5 lift. Will i still be able to use these wheels once i lift the jeep? Or will i need wheel spacers?

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have a JKU at work here with 275/70R18 Duratracs and 18" rockstars. He used it without a lift for 3-4 months, and just recently put on the teraflex leveling kit to even out the stance. No wheel spacers.

A 295 would be a 34.26 inch tire. You would definitely need a 2.5 inch lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to mount the tires and wheels when I get the lift. I am just trying to get all the parts I need together. Thanks for the reply. No wheel spacers needed that's good to hear.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm looking at a similar setup with 18 inch rockstar 2. I'm getting a AEV 2.5 inch lift also. But Is there any issue with the 0 offset? I want the Nitto trail grappler 35x12.5x18 but is that too wide for the fenders? What about the 295x70x18? Anyone have any pics of similar?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts