Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day/night all,
I recently purchased a used Jeep and my "BEEP" doesn't work! I want a VERY loud horn and was wondering if anyone has done this. What would I need to do? I'm a bit of a character (a non-serious fella') and want my "beep" to be known ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hornblasters.com maybe. You probably will need an onboard air setup for loudest, longest sound but that's just an educated guess. Let me know what you decide on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wolo Challenger EV Roof Mount + Compressor = $299.99!!
Will buy on Friday! I will need to adjust and manipulate installation but it will work. It's not as loud as a "serious" semi, however, it will get someone's attention if they're in my way.:dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
I feel like as youre using it somewhat responsibly then you'll be fine. Might wanna know local laws. Just don't be stupid and I think you'd be fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also five o attention. I'm not knocking, my rig isn't quite street legal, but some things go under radar. That will definitely not.
There is no law in my state that claims otherwise. It is simply a different tone, car and truck horns aren't exactly library quiet. If it were in any way impairing the ability for another to conduct, then big rigs wouldn't even be allowed to have them. You may piss some people off but that's about it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you go the whole mile and put an on board air system on. You could put a train horn on your jeep. Pretty sure people would hear that. Plus it's only illegal if you get caught.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
For what it's worth, I put one of these on my bike (when I had it) and it's extremely loud and definitely got attention (something you definitely want when on a bike in traffic!)

Something I may do on the Jeep eventually.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My air horn is located above the rear axle, and I use an ARB compressor to fill my tank. That WOLO setup is ok, but the .5 gallon tank is only good for a short blast. Either way, make sure that the length of line between the horn and the solenoid is as short as possible, otherwise there's a delay in full output. Also, don't forget to plumb in a quick release so that you can air up your tires after a day on the trails. That compressor that comes with that kit is a bit anemic, and if/when it comes time to replace it, look for a better compressor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my jeep with an air horn and compressor all installed. I love it! The air horn has a switch so that u can turn it off and on. If I ever get pulled over for it i can turn it off and I show the cop that it doesn't even work, lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought my jeep with an air horn and compressor all installed. I love it! The air horn has a switch so that u can turn it off and on. If I ever get pulled over for it i can turn it off and I show the cop that it doesn't even work, lol.
I will look into the on/off switch!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts