Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to run 18x9 or 18x10 inch wheels with 33s. Will the stock tire carrier handle that size spare? or will i need a new tire carrier like the one teraflex has out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody has any info or help with this? I searched the forums already and from what i see all i can find is some people say it will hold a 33 tire and some people say it wont, but didnt see anything about a 18 inch wheel with a 33inch tire.. An the carrier on my 13 is metal but the arms that attach to the gate are plastic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Assuming you're talking about a JK, the rule of thumb is "33's are okay, 35's are not." To be sure you may want to compare the weight of your original wheels & tires to the new ones, and also make a decision based on how much farther the tires sit out. You'll probably need new bumpstops on your tailgate for the new wheels as well -- search up "Daystar."

See this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/33s-on-stock-carrier-157634.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts