Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me for a JKU with oem 19/60 with hardtop and 35 spare wheel in back no armor or heavy front bumper, winch whats the approximate lift these springs will give me? I want to compare these to the Teraflex leveling spring lift which they say is 2" front and 1" rear. I already have the 19/60 springs that I bought brand new.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly your asking what amount of lift you can expect from putting 19/60 springs on a JKU?....virtually none. But it depends on what springs are on it now. If your going to go through all the effort of swapping springs, put the teraflex kit on too IMHO.

The JKU spring swap is most beneficial to JK guys where the springs are softer on the JK's...in the 14/55 range

·
Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
As above, it depends on your springs now... Likely to get 1/2" in front and 1/4" in rear on a JKU. Put on the TF 1.5 or get some RK 1.5 springs and design your own lift.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,131 Posts
jku_59_spring spring tags.jpg

^^^Look at the last two numbers on your existing spring tags. Each higher number on a replacement factory spring, will add approx. 1/4" of height.

The range is 12 to 19 fronts and 53 to 60 rears.

So if you currently have say 14 fronts and you install 18's, that should approx. add a additional 1" of lift.
If your current springs have been used long term, and have lost some of there tension, then you may receive, even more additional lift.

The above is all approx., with the Teraflex 2" and 1" leveling kit, then that additional height is what you will receive, plus it will help to level it out!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts