Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my first go at a build thread. This jeep has alot of sentimental value for our family so im gonna try and keep some of the major lines and pin-striping while upgrading most of the guts.
Here it is in its former Glory

285 inline 6
Dana 300 Transfer case
Everything stock.
How it sits now.

The frame and tub are completely rusted out so I found a killer deal on craigslist for a doner. Already has reinforced front end with reverse shackle mounts welded on with spring hangers.

from here I got some leafs that will offer just over 4 inches of lift to support some 35in tires.

Next I picked up a 727 transmission with the 300 transfer case adapter already installed.

This is where im at now. So from here ill strip everything from both frames and take many parts in for sand blasting and powder coating then rebuild. In the future I plan on upgrading both axles to either the 44s or Dana 60s as funds permit to build a crawler. For now I want to just get it street legal and free this jeep from all the rust and be able to just go on light logging trails.

My end goal will look almost just like this picture but with the pinstripes and lines that we all remembered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After ripping the carpet out, my worst fears were true. The rust completely took over the whole can.

I found my last donor for this build. So I have all the parts I need to get this up and running the way it should be.
Here are the two together now.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Looks like a great project. Love the cj's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts