Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1980 CJ7 with 103k original miles. The windshield frame is roached, but the rest of the Jeep is solid. I got it just under a week ago and have already collected a few parts to start building it.

The steering wanders all over the place, so that's going to be my first mod. I lucked out and found everything for a power steering swap for $100 along with a stock air cleaner box and shroud. I also ordered new ball joints and got the RR heavy duty tie rod kit.

This morning I'm getting a tilt steering wheel, front grill, and who knows what else 馃槈. I already located a windshield frame that also has the wiper motor and associated parts.

I've got a lot of plans for this toy! I'm going to get a complete soft top, 2.5" YJ OME lift and run 33" tires, convert it to FI, and add A/C. I am sure there will be a lot more stuff along the way!!!

Stay tuned...Eagle One

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Been busy lately. Found the front end was trashed when I pulled the diff cover to replace the fluids. Lucked out and found a front and rear wide track with brand new gears for $500. Have ther front installed and cleaning up the rear. Waiting on parts to finsh the power steering upgrade and have everything for power brakes.

Attachments

Registered
Sweet. One question though. Whats up with the windshield.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. One question though. Whats up with the windshield.
That's the new aerodynamic model...lol. It's some cheap POS fiberglass frame the previous owner put on it, and it is falling apart I already have a used one to replace it with.

Registered
That鈥檚 good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Front end is finished, just need to finish the power steering lines. Working on the rear end now. Have everything cleaned up and spraying it all before reinstalling. Also got a Spartan locker for the rear. I'll eventually put one in the front also.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts