Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping channels and saw this CJ Renegade on Mecum Auctions.

1983 CJ
Chevy 327 Engine (I think they said it's a Camaro Engine)

It went for $20,250 fully restored. Pretty cool! My wife commented that we should've just gotten it instead of paying over $10K more for a 2012... :rofl:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw a CJ7 the other day on Mecum go for just $3500. The guy selling it had no reserve and he was pissed when it went so cheap. I was thinking WTF dude what were you thinking?

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a CJ7 the other day on Mecum go for just $3500. The guy selling it had no reserve and he was pissed when it went so cheap. I was thinking WTF dude what were you thinking?
Wow! That's crazy! I'd be pissed too. I assume it was restored pretty nicely? I don't think I've seen anything in those auctions go for that low. Too bad you can't call in and buy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was cherry. I am not sure when or which Mecum auction it was because I TiVo them and they kind of blur together. The other strange thing was that the bid went up to 4k but then down to 3500 which they did not explain. Anyway, I have noticed that the wednesday and Thursday auctions often result in people getting killer deals. One of these days I am going to go and see if I can find something cool, but maybe not cool to everybody, like a Fairlane or Chevy II.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts