Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Trunk

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Car

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Bumper

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
@armyvet25 keep the pics coming. How about a 4 corners walk around and especially the underside body mounts A couple underhood shots would be nice too.
There's some emotion attached to saving am old heap from being a parts vehicle. Like saving a drowning kitten.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: armyvet25

·
Premium Member
06 TJ SE 2.4L 6spd, 79 CJ5 258ci 4spd, 83 CJ7 258ci auto
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@armyvet25 keep the pics coming. How about a 4 corners walk around and especially the underside body mounts A couple underhood shots would be nice too.
There's some emotion attached to saving am old heap from being a parts vehicle. Like saving a drowning kitten.

Good Luck, L.M.
You got it, give me a couple days, I'll get a comprehensive pic post together, plus everything that came with, Gotta move it closer to the garage to work on, only have room for one in it and the CJ5 is in there now. Will be lifting the body off this for sure, so I have access to everything underneath a lot easier, frame needs replaced anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. pic heavy, don't reply till you see at least 5 new post of pics so I can keep them together.
Items of interest, steel center console lock box, sound bar,extra mirrors for doors off, pretty clean tub overall-some minor repairable stuff, decent seats, missing one sail from corner of soft top, carpets complete in decent shape-need deep cleaning, rear half of the frame almost non existent-front thin with rust.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Asphalt

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper Gas

Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas Asphalt

Road surface Wood Grey Bedrock Asphalt

Grey Road surface Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Concrete

Automotive tire Road surface Wood Motor vehicle Asphalt

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Comfort Chair Armrest

Automotive parking light Grille Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Plant Automotive tire Terrestrial animal Reptile Landscape

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

That's all the pics for now, I actually see a frame replacement in this Jeeps future.
And yes, I saw the driver side fuel door opening patch. Tires are actually street legal, washer fluid in jug, fluids full, like it just stopped lol.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, almost can buy an entire donor vehicle for the cost of a used frame by itself. Looks like I may end up with a few more Jeeps in the yard...might make Mrs. armyvet25 a little perturbed. Need to find an untitled/lost title one, otherwise I'll want to fix it and so on and so on and....😈

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
Wow, almost can buy an entire donor vehicle for the cost of a used frame by itself. Looks like I may end up with a few more Jeeps in the yard...might make Mrs. armyvet25 a little perturbed. Need to find an untitled/lost title one, otherwise I'll want to fix it and so on and so on and....😈
Build a shop that'll hold several Jeeps. That way Mrs. armyvet25 won't notice an additional body. (HINT...build it tall enough to accommodate a lift). If you have any problems with spousal approval, offer to build a greenhouse on the side so she can grow herbs & flowers. :giggle:

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: armyvet25

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remind her she has the get in and go JKU but she's understandable, I'm lucky, she's a Jeep/Truck girl, loves classic rock and country, and I spoil her silly and she knows it so I get away with a lot.💖

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found an old article where a member did a very similar yet professional version...then just disappeared from the forum.
TJ/LJ to CJ ---> Custom CJ front
Surprising after searching quite a few threads on this kind of mod

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Came across these seats I was able to barter for for some un-needed stuff, Dodge Charger seats, not sure if I want them for either CJ or something else, but since one or both may be topless, wiping them down if they get wet will be a lot easier than with the other 2 cloth seat choices.

Plant Motor vehicle Head restraint Car seat cover Armrest
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Chair Automotive design Armrest

Driver side is power.
Furniture Chair Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Comfort Chair Armrest

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,436 Posts
Found an old article where a member did a very similar yet professional version...then just disappeared from the forum.
TJ/LJ to CJ ---> Custom CJ front
If you’re talking about @jscherb he didn’t disappear, he was online a couple days ago.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
If you’re talking about @jscherb he didn’t disappear, he was online a couple days ago.
Are you sure, I just checked his activity and discussions, came back as 2012

edit; hmmm, did say last seen 11hrs ago

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, looks like I'm putting the brakes on the CJ5 project and may concentrate on this one for an off road buggy, first step will be some serious dis-assembly. Then onto a frame hunt.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy crap, this thing must have been running right up till he discovered the frame was super toast, got it in the garage, all fluids good, stuck a battery in it, no smoke lol, headlights work, signals, wipers, even cranked like a newer Jeep, strong. Carbs not on, has the HEI GM mod, if this frame wasn't toast, it would be a driving project.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Removed the rear seat brackets for a cleaner rear tub area. Poked around the floor to determine what rust repair needed, only patch needed driver side, passenger scrape scrub and coat with a good rust reformer, after inside of tub is done, going the no carpet route and bedliner.
Did notice the 2 handle TC was froze and wouldn't move. Think I'm prolly going to remove the dash though and go with a CJ dash, also, decent steering wheel, not sure from what, no airbag but doesn't look like a YJ either.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I have the center piece as well, but no manufacturer designation and doesn't look aftermarket
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part Car

1 - 20 of 45 Posts