Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the conclusion that I'm just never going to finish this project and I'm looking to unload it.

I had been building it as a rock crawler project so it's significantly modified.

I have a big writeup on everything I've done here: My 1984 CJ7

The body is in very rough shape with no small amount of rust. Front fenders have been replaced with tube fenders for tire clearance. The frame is in very good shape with a new rear crossmember and MORE frame reinforcement plates welded on. It has been painted with spray on bed liner. I've done the MORE shackle reversal kit with YJ springs in the front and I've put on XJ springs in the back. Axles are already riding spring over to fit big tires. Wheelbase ended up being something like 102" and the body tub has not yet been cut to fit the wheels.

All the original powertrain is gone. It now has a Chevy 5.3 and 4L60E from a 2003 Tahoe with less than 100 miles on it (it was wrecked in transit and professionally parted out). The full un-cut wiring harness and computer comes with the engine. The aluminum radiator is set up for a chevy swap including a port for a factory temp sender to make the factory gauge work without having to tap into the engine. No transfer case but it's set up with an adapter for a Dana 300. I had at one point decided to put a 4 speed Atlas in place of the D300 so I sold the t-case. The front axle is a modified Ford high pinion D44 (differential moved to the passenger side) with flat top knuckles that are already drilled and tapped for high steer. It has factory disc brakes, Warn premium hubs and a Detroit locker. The rear Ford 9" has a bracket on it already for a traction bar to prevent spring wrap. The perches aren't welded on yet so it can still be angled for optimum pinion angle once the transfer case is in. It comes with a 35 spline spool, chrome molly axle shafts and Willwood disc brakes. The front axle has 4.10 gears and the rear has 4.56. My intention was to get 4.56 into the front and put in a different locker.

I have a PSC steering gear box (ready for hydraulic ram assist) mounted with a heavy duty MORE bracket. There's a PSC heavy duty pump mounted on the engine. It has a hydroboost brake booster and dual disc master cylinder out of a chevy Astro van. I had not bought everything I needed to plumb the steering and brake booster yet, including no fluid reservoirs and no steering ram.

The new Painless wiring harness has been mostly run but not completed. I have a 15 gallon fuel cell that will fit in the rear since the relocated axle won't allow a factory gas tank to fit any more. I also have a Tuffy center console with space for a stereo head unit or CB. It comes with soft doors, a bikini top and a wind jammer. The seats are gone and need to be replaced with something. I had intended to get racing seats of some kind. It still has the factory roll bar but it's not bolted in. It's currently sitting on some 235/75R15 tires on 15x7 steel wheels just to be able to roll around the shop easily.

I'm sure there are a number of additional things I'm forgetting but those are the highlights.

It's sitting on a trailer right now and I can deliver within reason. I would even consider making a deal on the trailer if you wanted to show up and take the package away. It's a dual axle trailer (7,000 lb GTWR) with brakes on both axles. It's probably worth $2,000 or more but I'd throw it in the package for $1,500.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Link works for me. But here's some pics:

Almost exactly how it sits now except I put the windshield back on.

The engine mounted

Flat top knuckle, drilled and tapped

The transmission adapter that houses the VSS (so the computer can shift the transmission).

Fully prepped and painted frame with reinforcement plates welded on.

The bracket from Blue Torch Fab that I used to extend the spring hangers for the longer XJ springs. The frame is flipped over so I could weld the frame reinforcement plates on a little easier.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to add. I have a clean title to both the Jeep and the trailer ready to sign over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts